More "storage" space

I've never been called a 'people person' either. Probably because I like dogs more than most people 😁. Certainly wouldn't last more than a day as the Walmart greeter after I retire.

IMG_0741 1.JPG

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

You ALWAYS have the other option. “Would you like fries with that?”  Lol

Nah, that would still involve dealing with the public. I work underground for a reason, lol

1 hour ago, willie said:

Joe the "greeter" beets the guy that rounds up the carts, that snow must be a killer.  I always say i will stock shelves (no pressure).

Stocking shelves would be good, probably on the midnight shifts. Couldn't be much different than the crappy shifts we already work.

So the gray pigment arrived the other day, but the builder decided to start the interior finishing yesterday. Well, since they don't work weekends, everything is at a halt until Monday now. I had hoped to paint the floor tomorrow if they were done, but that's not the case.

Spent some time adding the rest of the insulation in the attic they shorted last time, plus filled in a lot of gaps they left. Glad I added lights up there when I wired up the place, came in pretty handy today. Same with the walls, added a bit more insulation in spots they missed (or I felt needed more).

Pretty much a waiting game now. Probably wire up all the outlets and switches after they leave & just wait until the weather & manpower lets me get the floor finished, maybe next weekend if I'm not shot from working nightshifts..

20210716_112221.jpg

20210717_110040.jpg

• Like 3

I say paint today. If it dries in “hours” you can have it painted by Sunday afternoon. Insulation looks good. It’s amazing how much smaller that looks in the picture with the wall insulation in. Deceptive. 

23 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I say paint today. If it dries in “hours” you can have it painted by Sunday afternoon. Insulation looks good. It’s amazing how much smaller that looks in the picture with the wall insulation in. Deceptive. 

Yeah, it does looks smaller already.

It's raining like hell today here. They say the higher the humidity, the faster the paint kicks over. With a 10-15 minute window already, I don't want to push it. The tech data sheet says 85% or less , right now my little weather readout says 96%. Doug & I talked about tomorrow, plus I spoke with the builders. They don't really want to scratch the floor up with the metal sheeting, so we decided to just wait. Came this far, plus what that stuff costs, why push it to save a week.

Still, sort of another kick in the sack.

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Yeah, it does looks smaller already.

It's raining like hell today here. They say the higher the humidity, the faster the paint kicks over. With a 10-15 minute window already, I don't want to push it. The tech data sheet says 85% or less , right now my little weather readout says 96%. Doug & I talked about tomorrow, plus I spoke with the builders. They don't really want to scratch the floor up with the metal sheeting, so we decided to just wait. Came this far, plus what that stuff costs, why push it to save a week.

Still, sort of another kick in the sack.

Ya know, the kicks don’t even hurt no more. I’d be more surprised if the didn’t come. Lol. 

48 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Ya know, the kicks don’t even hurt no more. I’d be more surprised if they didn’t come. Lol. 

Yeah, sad isn't it? Even if something goes right, I'm still looking around for the kick, expecting it to just come.

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Yeah, sad isn't it? Even if something goes right, I'm still looking around for the kick, expecting it to just come.

I just figure if something does actually go right it’s going to cost me double later. 

Something goes right, and i see us ALL squinting and waiting for that lovely shot!!!! 

Joe it does look alittle smaller but you still can get 6 or 9 cars?  Love it!!!

5 minutes ago, willie said:

Something goes right, and i see us ALL squinting and waiting for that lovely shot!!!! 

Joe it does look alittle smaller but you still can get 6 or 9 cars?  Love it!!!

Lol, just waiting for the gloom and doom that's around the corner.

I'm figuring 10 cars should fit in there without too much drama. Maybe less depending on what other stuff gets stored in there like engine puller, trans jack, snow plow, snow blower, tires, etc. That stuff should only take up one space though.

I will stick to 9. LOL other stuff just happens to pile up unnoticed till i trip over it and then i say where did that come from. LOL   It all takes up more room than we think. 

Looks sweet!!!

3 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Lol, just waiting for the gloom and doom that's around the corner.

I'm figuring 10 cars should fit in there without too much drama. Maybe less depending on what other stuff gets stored in there like engine puller, trans jack, snow plow, snow blower, tires, etc. That stuff should only take up one space though.

Don’t forget cnc, lift, metal brake, probably a dyno of some sort, 66 impala and a boat. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Don’t forget cnc, lift, metal brake, probably a dyno of some sort, 66 impala and a boat. 

Hmmmm, that's a pretty good list! No boats though, I'd put a sheetmetal shear in its place on that list.

8 hours ago, jft69z said:

Hmmmm, that's a pretty good list! No boats though, I'd put a sheetmetal shear in its place on that list.

I thought about a lathe also. The boat was a joke. Talk about a money pit. 

40 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I thought about a lathe also. The boat was a joke. Talk about a money pit. 

Yeah, a lathe and a milling machine would be nice. Maybe a cnc plasma cutting table would be nice too.

Never been interested in boats. Money pit for sure, plus real short season around here.

Had these for years. 1000 bucks a year for maintenance and The last 7 years I had them they never seen water(I did wash them a lot so that might count). When we moved to the new house we were a 15 minutes from the lake. Still never went out. Happy day when I sold them and seen taillights going up the driveway. I do believe I made money when I sold them too. Sucker. 

D1A765C3-5A64-4BBA-83DA-CD4E01D7F849.jpeg

E0CCB12E-7592-4878-8D8B-C6ED81C4B79E.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Had these for years. 1000 bucks a year for maintenance and The last 7 years I had them they never seen water(I did wash them a lot so that might count). When we moved to the new house we were a 15 minutes from the lake. Still never went out. Happy day when I sold them and seen taillights going up the driveway. I do believe I made money when I sold them too. Sucker. 

What's the saying? Two happiest days of a boat owner's life - the day you get one, and the day you sell it!

Sort of the same when I had snowmobiles. Used to trailer it around here, plus to Canada & the Watertown, NY area. Once I moved here, I was about 5 minutes from the trail system but barely had time to use it. Sold it and never looked back, though I did have a lot of fun at the time.

3 minutes ago, jft69z said:

What's the saying? Two happiest days of a boat owner's life - the day you get one, and the day you sell it!

I bought a 18’ open bow with a 5.0 inboard/outbound new in 1998 (GM powered of course). I was single at the time and my buddies and I were on it every weekend, and some week nights after work. I got married in 2015 and we still used it some, but my wife and step daughter didn’t enjoy time on the lake as much as I did. I made the decision to sell it in 2018 and haven’t missed it as much as I thought I would, but for me it really wasn’t a happy day when it sold. It was fun for 20 years and I definitely got my money’s worth out of it. I guess the best part is it made room in the garage for another Monte Carlo! Now at 13 years old, my step-daughter is saying she misses it and we need to get another boat!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Sort of the same when I had snowmobiles. Used to trailer it around here, plus to Canada & the Watertown, NY area. Once I moved here, I was about 5 minutes from the trail system but barely had time to use it. Sold it and never looked back, though I did have a lot of fun at the time.

I LOVE snowmobiling 

They got some interior walls up yesterday, should be finished today. I managed to wire a few of the outlets up last night, will probably get the rest done today/tonight at some point.

Looks smaller already, feels like I'm inside of a big white refrigerator 😁.

20210719_122506.jpg

20210719_172046.jpg

• Like 1