More "storage" space

Joe that's nonsense, it looks great and storage for 10!!!! How can you go wrong?  Granted alot of work and money but it will be well worth it to house the BABIES. Love it!!    Great Job!!!    Can't wait to see it with the floors done.

As far as the boats and snowmobiles go, i figured it out once, you have about 6-8 days a year to enjoy a boat. If you work (much better when retired). And i am surrounded by water, i live on an island. I love the water but To me not worth it!     Snowmobiles are great also, except no room around here to ride. Largest parcels of land are parks and they will throw you out and give you a ticket for riding there.  Have to drive/tow for a few hours to ride without anyone breaking your chops. Takes all the fun out of it.     I will stick to my cars, they are here with me and can take them out when and if i choose.    My2 cents.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Looks smaller but looks great. The art of deception. 

It'll be a lot smaller real soon when it's got some stuff in it.

5 hours ago, jft69z said:

Looks smaller already, feels like I'm inside of a big white refrigerator 😁.

20210719_122506.jpg

20210719_172046.jpg

Wait till winter hits North-Western New York.  THEN it will feel like a refrigerator.....no, better yet a FREEZER.

rob

11 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Wait till winter hits North-Western New York.  THEN it will feel like a refrigerator.....no, better yet a FREEZER.

rob

That's true, but at least it'll be heated by then Rob, lol.

So it's Corona time. Been a really long day. The builders finished up the interior this morning, then it was my turn in there. Found they forgot an outlet box that was still buried in the wall. Had to remove the sheeting, mount the box, cut a hole in the wall & hang the sheet again. Also some issues with all the light & fan switch boxes they mounted. Had to open that up and re-do everything. 

But the good news is the building is fully powered and everything works, at least electrically. Still waiting for a couple of motion sensors for the alarm & still have to finish installing the side mount garage door opener, but glad this hurdle is done.

Tomorrow I'll go over a few spots on the floor that need attention to get ready for paint, hopefully this weekend. After that a few more loose ends then I can get back to my buddies the shovel & wheel barrow. 

That Corona went down a little too fast...may need another.

20210720_215811.jpg

20210720_215819.jpg

20210720_215832.jpg

20210720_215846.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

Looks fantastic, a guy could get a bit jealous, but congratulations on a great job

Thanks Paul, it certainly has been a lot of work to get this far and it's not over yet.

That looks so good I would almost hate to put anything in there. I can see the sign now “ MUST BE INSPECTED FOR CLEANLINESS BEFORE ENRY WILL BE PERMITTED “. Shoe booties in  tray by front door.   Lol. Seriously. Looks awesome. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

That looks so good I would almost hate to put anything in there. I can see the sign now “ MUST BE INSPECTED FOR CLEANLINESS BEFORE ENRY WILL BE PERMITTED “. Shoe booties in  tray by front door.   Lol. Seriously. Looks awesome. 

Thanks Dennis. It's getting there, but the bulk of the worst part is about over. After the floor paint, it'll be some alarm wiring then back to the outside donkey work, but at least it's usable now if I needed it. 

4 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Thanks Dennis. It's getting there, but the bulk of the worst part is about over. After the floor paint, it'll be some alarm wiring then back to the outside donkey work, but at least it's usable now if I needed it. 

Don’t use it for anything until the floor is done. You don’t want crap 💩 under your paint. You da man. (Or the donkey). 

47 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Don’t use it for anything until the floor is done. You don’t want crap 💩 under your paint. You da man. (Or the donkey). 

Nope, that's the plan. No vehicles or anything until it's done. It was bad enough that the concrete grinder kept spitting balls of grease from the bearings when I was using it. I kept a can of brake clean & towels right on the machine to clean it up immediately. Didn't want it so soak in and cause problems later.

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Sorry, but it looks way too nice to junk it up with storage stuff.

rob

With the door closed & the lights off, it'll never know the difference, lol.

Too much stuff to cram in the shed, and I don't like clutter in the main shop. The attics are getting too full with parts and the cellar is getting smaller as well. This should solve that. I was looking on craigslist tonight for shevles or pallet racks, but nothing jumped out at me yet.

Well today was a good day. Worked all night, couldn't sleep when I got home, so a couple of my buddies came over & we started painting the floors. I taped the bottom last night, had all the prep work done etc. Started painting around 10:15 AM, was done around 2:15 PM. All told we used around 17-18 gallons. Laid it on heavy, looks like the floor is dipped in paint.

Tried to take a nap before I go back in tonight but no luck so I went out to see about removing the tape. Yep, 2 hours later, the stuff is hard enough to walk on with no issues. Real happy with the results, just a boatload of labor to get there.

20210723_113316.jpg

20210724_164601.jpg

20210724_164625.jpg

20210724_164640.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

As I’m texting you I’m looking at this.  Wow. Excellent work. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

I didn’t realize you put in floor lights. Lol. 

Yeah, the paint still looks wet. Gonna need a throw rug or two at the entrance to keep from cracking my head if it's wet outside.

24 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Looks amazing Joe.

Now, fill er up.

rob 

Thanks Rob!

Pretty soon. Picking some shelves up in a day or two to put in the corner for tires & parts, etc. Then I'll put all the cars in there while I spray the man door white in the other shop. Probably next few weeks when I'm on vacation again..

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

Yeah, the paint still looks wet. Gonna need a throw rug or two at the entrance to keep from cracking my head if it's wet outside.

Thanks Rob!

Pretty soon. Picking some shelves up in a day or two to put in the corner for tires & parts, etc. Then I'll put all the cars in there while I spray the man door white in the other shop. Probably next few weeks when I'm on vacation again..

A buddy of mine picked up a ton of shelving at a bed bath and beyond that was closing and selling everything. Cheap. In the back warehouse of the store is all the heavy duty 2x8 ft or 4x8 ft. Nice stuff. 

Believe it or not, Home Depot has some nice heavy duty ones, plus I'll get the 10% military discount.

That's a good idea though, stores closing around here all the time lately.

8 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Believe it or not, Home Depot has some nice heavy duty ones, plus I'll get the 10% military discount.

That's a good idea though, stores closing around here all the time lately.

I didn’t realize how spendy that stuff was till I priced it. I wanted 20 4x8 sections three shelves each for my basement. I ended up getting it all free from work. Plus extra. They were scraping it. 

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

I didn’t realize how spendy that stuff was till I priced it. I wanted 20 4x8 sections three shelves each for my basement. I ended up getting it all free from work. Plus extra. They were scraping it. 

Nothing is cheap lately it seems. Free is the perfect price though 🙂

3 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Nothing is cheap lately it seems. Free is the perfect price though 🙂

I like free. But remember I’m poor. Or possibly just cheap. 

• Haha 1