More "storage" space

30 minutes ago, Dtret said:

It’s been a week and a half. Did you fire everyone? I know you’re working just had to say hi. πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹

Lol, nah...just one donkey doing the work right now. Still running wires, had to put a light near the man door plus some outlets outside (Code I guess. Light I had in stock from when I put the addition on the other shop years ago). Put a couple of motion lights on the side & back too (Same with motion lights, had them in stock too, just needed to replace a bad sensor). I wanted to recess the outlet boxes vs just bolting them to the outside, so that took a little time. Still have to wire the outlets & cover them up, but that'll be soon (side & rear of building).Β Need to run the camera and alarm stuff still. Hope to start digging for the conduit in a week or two, then the concrete can go in.

Also using a shovel and wheelbarrow to get rid of the clay/dirt left on the stone from the post hole boring. The concrete guy said he preferred it wasn't there. I'm piling it outside for now & will deal with it later. I was just telling Willie, all this manual labor sucks, the power plant job has made me lazy, lol

Yes...that's snow...damn it.

20210422_185611.jpg

20210422_185618.jpg

20210422_185637.jpg

• Like 2

Ya the man door lights are code. I like the recessed outlets. If they weren’t recessed I would hit and break them all the time. It’s amazing that the structure can be put up in 10 minutes and it takes weeks to do all the β€œunnoticeable β€œ things. Looks great. Enjoy the snow. Lol πŸ˜‚Β 

11 hours ago, Dtret said:

It’s been a week and a half. Did you fire everyone? I know you’re working just had to say hi. πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹

I was going to "bump" the thread for an update but figured the old man might finally be getting some sleep 🀣 Yea, just like our cars, the stuff nobody notices usually takes the most time 

Haha, was texting Joe last night and i was saying the same thing!!! In this family we say "AND WHEN!!!"Β  LOl

I also had an idea Joe had been working those crazy hours.Β Β 

Joe it looks great cant wait to see the heard in there!!!Β  Β OHH and if you need help driving them in please don't hesitate to call me!!!! LOL

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

Ya the man door lights are code. I like the recessed outlets. If they weren’t recessed I would hit and break them all the time. It’s amazing that the structure can be put up in 10 minutes and it takes weeks to do all the β€œunnoticeable β€œ things. Looks great. Enjoy the snow. Lol πŸ˜‚Β 

That was my thought too Dennis, I'd keep whacking it.

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

I was going to "bump" the thread for an update but figured the old man might finally be getting some sleep 🀣 Yea, just like our cars, the stuff nobody notices usually takes the most time 

'Plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead' is what I usually say Mark.

Β 

1 hour ago, willie said:

H Β OHH and if you need help driving them in please don't hesitate to call me!!!! LOL

You're welcome to come any time Willie!

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Looks good Joe, we had some snow here too. Was snowing pretty good Wednesday when I left, my neighbor said it snowed for a couple days while I was gone. Just had a few flurries in Albany but was pretty chilly.Β 

We got about 4-5 inches of the stuff at work, a little less at my house, about 6 miles away. It melted down pretty quick, but not before they dumped all the salt down. The roads are white with it now.

Have to hope for a good few rain storms, but that may impact my digging....troubles, troubles, lol.

Take all the dirt and pile it up where you’re going to put the hot tub. Build a β€œdeck” to put the tub on (cause you don’t want it on the ground anyway). The concrete guy will be their anyway so make 4 short pilons (?) to put the deck on and fill it with your dirt. Problem solved. Lol. πŸ’΅πŸ’΅πŸ’΅. I love spending other people’s money(that’s because I don’t have any)

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Take all the dirt and pile it up where you’re going to put the hot tub. Build a β€œdeck” to put the tub on (cause you don’t want it on the ground anyway). The concrete guy will be their anyway so make 4 short pilons (?) to put the deck on and fill it with your dirt. Problem solved. Lol. πŸ’΅πŸ’΅πŸ’΅. I love spending other people’s money(that’s because I don’t have any)

I already have a plan, but thanks, πŸ™‚.

I don't want to build it up because it's going to be adjacent to the 6' fence separating the neighbor with a 2 story house. Right now, the sight line is good for privacy, any higher and they're likely to see my bare a&&, πŸ›€

More power wiring, and some alarm/camera wiring going on. Also made a bracket to mount one of the cameras. Because it overhangs a bit, added a cable cover/protector, made it out of some angle aluminum I hadΒ in stock (lol).Β  The other side will be easier, just a straight piece slipped in the soffit, pointing up the side of the building.

Hope to dig for conduit soon, that'll open the door for concrete, etc.

20210429_213000.jpg

20210501_191720.jpg

20210501_200306.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, willie said:

Looks great Joe!!!Β  Β  Does the camera swivel? Also why does it have 2 eyes?Β 

LOL Something i might use for mine. LOL

Thanks Willie. The camera doesn't swivel, but in this location it'll be a wider angle lens at 107 degrees field of view. The 2 windows you see are: 1-camera lens, 2-infra red light (IR) for night vision, lights up to about 45 meters (147 feet)Β according to the specs.

The cameras I started out with had the glass dome, with multiple IR leds, but those suffered from a problem called 'IR Bleed', where the IR reflected off the inside glass & clouded up the night image. I eventually replaced them with these 'Turret' style cameras and the difference was phenomenal.

I have seen the others all fogged up, so good choice. Looks great!

For some reason i have a picture in my head of you sitting at your desk with a few joy sticks to move the cameras to get a better picture of that damn racoon.Β Β 

Great Job on the whole project!!!!

39 minutes ago, willie said:

I have seen the others all fogged up, so good choice. Looks great!

For some reason i have a picture in my head of you sitting at your desk with a few joy sticks to move the cameras to get a better picture of that damn racoon.Β Β 

Great Job on the whole project!!!!

LOL, thanks Willie!

The few cameras in the house are PTZ (pan/tilt/zoom), but that's to keep an eye on the dogs to see what type of mayhem they were up to.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a busy week so far. Dug out the path to run conduit & gas line, laid it all in the last 2 days and then buttoned it all up today. Started running pull wires in a couple of the runs & will start pulling the actual wires in the next week or so. Electrical inspections were done for the underground & rough building wiring Tuesday, no issues at all.

Β 

20210510_114218.jpg

Β 

20210510_111512.jpg

Β 

20210510_172948.jpg

Β 

20210510_101513.jpg

Β 

20210511_173208.jpg

Β 

20210511_173201.jpg

Β 

20210513_152359.jpg

20210513_160252.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Very nice. Time for concrete.Β 

Yeah, it's wide open at this point. I let the concrete guy know & he said the batch plant is still using hot water because it's still cold at night. He wants to wait until that's done at least.

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Yeah, it's wide open at this point. I let the concrete guy know & he said the batch plant is still using hot water because it's still cold at night. He wants to wait until that's done at least.

Ya probably a good idea. It will set a lot better. And harder.Β