More "storage" space

4 hours ago, willie said:

I will have to keep this in mind when i am ready to do mine. Cant now because i have nowhere to put all the cars. I will have a better chance when i thin the herd in a few years. lol   

Let us know how it works out with the 3 of yourselfs. Better have Doug and another on standby!!!

You can always ask Phil. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

You can always ask Phil. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

LOL    Phil has been sleeping, all that work watching our tent in Carlisle!!!   LOL

Poor guy, lol

Spent another hour+ with the 7" air grinder getting the spots the big machine couldn't do near the doors, posts, and various spots in the middle that needed to be touched up. More fun!

The diamond wheel and dust collector came from Amazon today. Worked excellent.

20210707_150020.jpg

20210708_001624.jpg

• Like 3

Joe good thing you can sleep at work so you can do all this stuff at home. LOL  I dont know where you get your endless energy from. Good for you!!

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Very nice. The little stuff is the worst. It’s all in the details. Well done 👍 

Thank you. My body is already saying it sucked this morning.

58 minutes ago, willie said:

Joe good thing you can sleep at work so you can do all this stuff at home. LOL  I dont know where you get your endless energy from. Good for you!!

Thanks Willie.

I'm on MY time now though, lol. Started the 14 day vacation yesterday. Sure I'll be ready to go back to work & relax when this stretch is over. In fact, I know I'll have a trainee for the first 4 night shifts, so I'll have my own personal donkey to do everything. Already told him the other day to bring his running shoes, lol (at this point of his training, we're just there to baby sit basically-he knows what to do) .

I know that feeling, push this button, push that button. but whatever you do DONT push the red button... LOL

n

45 minutes ago, willie said:

I know that feeling, push this button, push that button. but whatever you do DONT push the red button... LOL

Yep, pulling it back doesn't result in the lights going back on! 🤣

51 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Yep, pulling it back doesn't result in the lights going back on! 🤣

No but too bad you couldn’t single out certain people.  Lol

SO as usual, the black cloud struck again. As I'm going to pick up the floor paint Thursday, the owner calls & says 'We have a problem'. Said the warehouse didn't ship the 10 pints of gray pigment to color the coating & it should be here next Thursday. Told him we're painting on Saturday, lol.

So, he said he had a couple of pints in stock which I quickly adapted to and said I'll take it. Figured maybe we could edge in all the walls, out a couple of inches so that the builder can maybe insulate & sheet the interior walls while we wait for the gray pigment later in the week. Still haven't heard from the builder, but at least that won't be a hold up. Worst case, we paint the center section as planned & he does the walls at a later date.

In all, maybe it was a good thing. The learning curve for this stuff is pretty different than normal. From the time we mixed it all up, to the time you couldn't dig a fingernail in the painted surface was about 15 minutes. A half hour later we tried scraping the surface with a knife blade, wouldn't touch it. Like POR15 on steroids. Mix only as much as you can lay down in 10 minutes, or it's already kicked over & hard. Neat stuff. We also taped off the apron at the door line in case it rained next week and painted that section. If the rest of the floor comes out like that, I'll be happy.

20210710_170538.jpg

20210710_180829.jpg

20210710_170521.jpg

20210710_170527.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jft69z said:

SO as usual, the black cloud struck again. As I'm going to pick up the floor paint, the owner calls & says 'We have a problem'. Said the warehouse didn't ship the 10 pints of gray pigment to color the coating & it should be here Thursday. Told him we're painting on Saturday, lol.

So, he said he had a couple of pints in stock which I quickly adapted to and said I'll take it. Figured maybe we could edge in all the walls, out a couple of inches so that the builder can maybe insulate & sheet the interior walls while we wait for the gray pigment later in the week. Still haven't heard from the builder, but at least that won't be a hurdle. Worst case, we paint the center section as planned & he does the walls at a later date.

In all, maybe it was a good thing. The learning curve for this stuff is pretty different than normal. From the time we mixed it all up, to the time you couldn't dig a fingernail in the painted surface was about 15 minutes. A half hour later we tried scraping the surface with a knife blade, wouldn't touch it. Like POR15 on steroids. Mix only as much as you can lay down in 10 minutes, it it's already kicked over & hard. Neat stuff. We also taped off the apron at the door line in case it rained next week and painted that section. If the rest of the floor comes out like that, I'll be happy.

20210710_170538.jpg

20210710_180829.jpg

20210710_170521.jpg

20210710_170527.jpg

Looks good. I like it. 

34 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Looks good. I like it. 

Thanks, me too. I usually like it a little lighter shade of gray, but the can said....you guessed it "Light Gray", lol

20210710_204028.jpg

18 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Let it dry a little maybe it will lighten up. Lol 😂 

Hahahaha....that ships sailed. Hard as the concrete already.

looking good, one of my least favorite things to do is painting, especially since I can't even look at a paint can without getting paint on me.....And a time limit, a true recipe for disaster lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DragCat said:

looking good, one of my least favorite things to do is painting, especially since I can't even look at a paint can without getting paint on me.....And a time limit, a true recipe for disaster lol

I absolutely hate painting house stuff like walls, ceilings, etc. In fact, most of the walls in my house are still the same paint as when I moved here in 1996. The ex-fiancé painted all that, and you can still see the parts where she was pissed at me, paint all over, lol. My dad & I were in the shop, painting that, plus running air lines, electric, etc, hence the reason she wasn't happy sometimes. Priorities, you know 🤣

This stuff doesn't bother me, just a lot of labor to prep it. If you cut corners, that's a recipe for disaster too usually.

I understand the painting. My last house  ,on the inside, I taped everything off and sprayed everything with a Wagner electric sprayer. Everything one color. On the outside I didn’t tape anything.  I painted the soffit,shingle edges, windows and doors. ORANGE. Neighbors thought I was bat crap crazy. 3 days later my windows and doors were put in while I roofed the house and installed new soffits. They were ok after that. I didn’t talk to any of the neighbors anyway so I didn’t care. 

DAD291FA-5996-4D88-A034-99C9D53D4E37.jpeg

71A7404B-1C36-4972-992C-E536258E011D.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Neighbors thought I was bat crap crazy.  I didn’t talk to any of the neighbors anyway so I didn’t care. 

Because you're a 'people' person 🤣😆

1 minute ago, jft69z said:

Because you're a 'people' person 🤣😆

How’d you know. I may not be a people “person “ but I am a people pleaser. I will do just about anything to help someone even if it costs me and I expect zero in return. In fact usually I refuse others peoples help but I will not be indebted to someone 

• Like 3