1970 Highly optioned car

Gregs70

Hey Monte family, I have made a few posts with my new 70 Monte but I wanted to ask some questions, My Monte seems to be a early production Monte, it has halo vinyl top, chrome moldings under headlights, seat belt date says 69, it also has washer fluid level warning thing, also was a 402 car, power windows, power seat, tilt column, map light, rear de fogger, glove box light, trunk light, under hood light, passenger mirror, bucket seats/ console, tach, A/C  might be more that I'm forgetting, I was going to start looking for the build sheet but i read on hear that Flint cars never had build sheets which is kind of a bummer especially since mine has a lot of options on it

You are correct about the Flint cars not having a build sheet. None have been found. Sounds like a very well optioned Monte. The passenger side mirror was not an option. Most likely a dealer installed part or former owner installation. Pics??? 

39 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

The passenger side mirror was not an option. Most likely a dealer installed part or former owner installation. Pics??? 

The regular manual chrome mirror was an option for the passenger side. The passenger chrome remote style mirror was not available though.

• Like 1

Someone definitely ticked a lot of boxes ordering that car.

Note that the halo trim does not indicate early production. Some were built well into 1970 with halo trim.

As for determining when it was built you can get that information on the body tag or the sticker on the driver’s door. Here’s the link to the body tag decoding.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/resources/decodingbodytag/