The new guy

Bob Brown

I just joined the club last week. I had a few minutes So I wanted to say hello and thank you for adding me to the group. Looking forward to talking with everyone about their Monte Carlo as well. I had my 1971 Monte for 26 years. Picked him up in indiana in October at a swap meet. Had no desire to buy a car that day. I already had a green 70' Monte at the time I was fixing up. But the green 70' needed a lot of work. My dad and I were there to pick up fender skirts for his 64' Oldsmobile dynamic 88. I seen a 71' in the for sale area. I told dad let's go look at it. Well I had to buy him. The car was a rust free car. The paint was dull, interior was shot. But it had a nasty small block with nitrous. Still needed a lot of work but lot better shape than the green 70'. Now my 71' has a Big Block in it. That is nasty for what it is.  My 71' nickname since I bought him as been The Beast.IMG_20190506_200420.thumb.jpg.3c059bfad51ac307045754628eec5c01.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Bob.  I  hope to see you at one of our Eastern Meets or Mini-Meets.  The Mini-Meet in Carlisle, Pa in June would be a great event to attend to meet a large group of our members.

Keep the pictures, you can never look at too many BLUE Monte's on this site.

rob

2 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Welcome to the madness Bob! Nice 71! What happened to the 70? Lol

That's funny you said madness. I have a old jacket and T-shirt. Plus a lot of my username for stuff is montemadness71

17 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Welcome aboard Bob.  I  hope to see you at one of our Eastern Meets or Mini-Meets.  The Mini-Meet in Carlisle, Pa in June would be a great event to attend to meet a large group of our members.

Keep the pictures, you can never look at too many BLUE Monte's on this site.

rob

I was thinking about going to the Eastern meet. Don't think I can get off work for that one. Hoping for a closer one soon...

7 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I see ( I think) you’re from Monroe Ohio ( you spelled it different or misspelled or different city altogether). I’m in Amelia (east of Cincinnati)

LoL I didn't even see that I did spell it wrong. To funny thanks for catching my mistake. Maybe we can meet up sometime at a cruise in..

2 hours ago, sbarnette said:

Welcome Bob! I’ll never forget my first drive in my blue 71 after putting a big block in it and that in the late 80’s!

It's a rush. My small block was a great strong motor. But man there is nothing than pushing the gas pedal down on a big block