Inner door sound deadener

Tim972

Are you guys putting sound deadener inside the outer door skins and the front part of rear 1/4’s?  My doors are gutted right now, but with the brace also in there I’m not sure how good it will turn out trying to stick the mat behind it.  Just curious,  thanks 👍

I wouldn't worry too much about getting deadener behind the beam, something like a 30% coverage rate is normally enough for a panel. I would do a few strips on the door panel and quarter, but if you need more coverage for noise I would look at covering the back of the door and quarter cards instead.

Blackhawk, thanks for the info.  I didn’t know about the 30% coverage.  

50 minutes ago, MC-71 said:

How about blow in insulation.  LOL

I think the mice I evicted already tried that, haha

AEEFD0AB-9612-41A5-A6C3-B455AD12625D.jpeg

Joe may have a little insulation left from the “storage “ building. I just took another one of them little bastards out of a trap yesterday in the garage. So I know that they are in my cars. 

2 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Joe may have a little insulation left from the “storage “ building. I just took another one of them little bastards out of a trap yesterday in the garage. So I know that they are in my cars. 

I found several corpses and piles of calling cards everywhere lol 

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

Joe may have a little insulation left from the “storage “ building. 

Sorry, it's all up in the attic now.

Mice dont mind insulation at all. I pulled a bunch down from the beam in my shead under my deck and found a nest within it. Also I have found nests under the flywheel cover of my tractor in the spring time too.  I put dryer sheets in my car and camper every winter so far so good. They also dont like moth balls if you can stand the smell of them.