Possible radio change

Dtret

Because I’m no electrical guy,I’ll ask you guys. I currently have 71 am 8 track radio. Would like am/fm 8 track.still out of a 71. What wiring changes would have to be made. Or could I be so lucky as it could be plug and play. Literally. Thanks in advance 

Thanks guys. Mine is also a nice like Doug said but my plug is internal in the case and looks like the am/fm are external plugs. But if they are the same( but different) and use oe wiring I’m good with the change. I’m just not going to cut up my factory harness to do this. Thanks 

Just now, Dtret said:

Thanks guys. Mine is also a nice like Doug said but my plug is internal in the case and looks like the am/fm are external plugs. But if they are the same( but different) and use oe wiring I’m good with the change. I’m just not going to cut up my factory harness to do this. Thanks 

Nice? Would be nine wire. Frocking auto correct 

If factory, the Plug connecting to Radio is 9 Pin Female plugging into Radio connection Male that provides the juice to operate the Radio.  ALL the AM/FM/Cassette/8 Track Stereo Radios for this era were identical (9) Pin.  The only Stereo Radio that was (6) Pin connection was the Stereo Mono (2) Front Stereo Speakers and only (1) Rear Speaker located on Passenger Side Package Tray as ALL AM Radios are (6) Pin.

If this helps..........................

If Factory, you will have no problem removing and replacing without having to make any modification.

Doug