First Drive of the Year

Finally got the time to free the Monte from the bubble.  She leaked about 3/4 of a pint of tranny fluid over the winter, so those O-Rings will be getting replaced sometime in the very near future. 

Stayed close to home for the maiden voyage, so no exciting backdrops (unless a Chicago alley is your thing). 

And wouldn’t you know it, the local weathermen are calling for up to 3” of snow on Tuesday. Bastards. 

More pix forthcoming when I get her out regularly after this week of crap weather. Gotta change the oil, so the numbers hunt will also take place at that time. 

And proudly rockin’ the FGMCC front plate!! - that went on first thing out of the garage. 

D580A1E0-FA64-489F-B428-E3396D37F340.jpeg

0F9746D7-7192-4A02-9C5B-83323597CB1B.jpeg

• Like 5

Looks great. They're calling for a bit of snow here wednesday. Hopefully they won't drop salt down.

Thanks, gents. I consider myself lucky to have found this girl when I did.. I wasn’t planning on looking for my retirement gift to myself for a few more years, but something made me once again Google “70-71 Monte Carlo SS” last fall. I wouldn’t call it an impulse buy as I knew not to fall in love with pictures on the internet and I’m reasonably well-versed with numbers, options etcetera, but I quickly got “that feeling” that this car had to be mine.

While far from perfect, she came with the mechanical heavy lifting already done by previous owners who recognized and appreciated the rarity and significance of these cars. Thankfully they had the foresight to retain (the majority of) the original parts and keep them with the car. It will make returning her back to 100% stock that much easier if I ever decide to take that route. 

I looking forward to meeting some of you guys (and gals) when the work and life schedules allows us to do so. 

Be safe, all!