Edelbrock E street head leak

cbolt

I am running a set of aluminum Edelbrock E street heads. I have had a worsening oil leak and figured it was the typical leak from the back of the intake manifold however when i was under the car today doing a battery cable inspection i noticed that the plug that fills the hole where the oil pressure sending unit would go on the opposite head is leaking oil. I remember tightening the plug before i installed the heads and hadnt noticed an oil leak in most of the time i have had the heads installed. Apparently sometime in the last 6 months or so this plug has started weeping oil, enough to leave a small puddle under my car after a drive. I got an allen wrench and tightened the plug almost a full turn. 

To my question(s): Is it okay to remove this plug, use some pipe thread sealant, and reinstall it without getting oil everywhere? Is there normally oil contained by this plug when the engine is cold? Finally, is there a torque value for this plug? I checked Edelbrocks installation instructions but didnt see a torque value for the unused plug. 

Thanks in advance. 

Ummm, what? Oil only flows in the rocker arm area, not through the head in any way. Coolant occupies that area. 

Do you have a pic? Small block oil sending unit is in the back of the block by the distributor and a big block is just above the oil filter. 

Could the valve cover be leaking? Oil flows down, not up so the oil from the valve cover could make the plug look like it's leaking oil. Just a thought. 

D'oh! that plug is for the engine temp sender. It looks like oil is leaking from it due to the oil being thick right around the actual plug and running straight down the block from that point. Hmmm... there is a little oil under the valve cover right there so perhaps that is my issue. Hey, just so long as it isnt the manifold. I hate dealing with manifold oil leaks. 

No pics, too small a space. 

Lolol all good. Had me scratching my head for a moment, then I got a splinter in my finger. Lololol 🤣 check the valve cover bolts and clean the oil off with some brake clean. See whatcha get.