Speedometer shift indicator

Tim972

What are you guys using to cover up the shift indicator on the Speedo after switching from column to floor shift? 
                         Thanks 👍

0436E016-0E2E-4999-9701-C2D9231BD0B6.jpeg

Interesting question, so if we change to a floor shift, it still needs to "hook up" to the steering column to "lock" the shifter from moving when the key is not turned on? If that is true, the shift indicator should still work unless you added an overdrive transmission.

Console cars and 4speed cars don't have the shift indicator in the bottom of the speedometer. 

When converting from a column shift to a floor shift automatic, you can hook back up the shift indicator to the column and use the shifter or the indicator on the speedometer to see what gear you are in. 

Also instead of looking down at the shifter all you need to do is glance at the speedometer to see what gear you have selected 

I think I remembered hearing this same discussion years ago on this forum. You will probably hear from members who had their cars from new, have floor shift cars and still have the speedo shift indicator. If I remember correctly, the assembly line workers used whatever dashes were available at the time of assembly.  I have seen both over the years.

My intention was to do the floor shift conversion, back drive the column and eliminate the shift indicator or cover it somehow.  Probably end up just blacking it out.  I thought maybe aftermarket might make a plug or something similar to fill the hole.  

Or just pick up a used speedo pod from someone here or ebay, etc.