Ground up SS396.com

1Bad454

If you ordered the right one but the sent you something else they should pay the return shipping.  I would contact them and ask to speak to a supervisor/manager.

Rob

• Like 2

I've had several issues with them over the past year.

One time they claimed I received parts that I didn't receive and I had to take a picture on what I received in order to prove it to them.

Another time I placed an order, then called back literally 20 minutes later to remove one item from the order and they said it was too late and I would have to pay shipping to return the item I didn't want. When the order was not even shipped for 3 more days.

The last issue was when I ordered a side view mirror and there wasn't any mounting hardware with the mirror even though the website picture shows hardware. They told me I would have to order the $4.99 mounting kit.

I spent tons of money on parts and they can't send a $4.99 part to me to solve my problem?

As you can can probably conclude, I am getting very frustrated with them.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Out of all the money I’ve spent on this car I will bet they didn’t get 100 bucks. They have a 15 dollar license plate frame that I like and want 35 dollars to ship it. No thanks to them. 

I called them first and then emailed two customer services reps that I had been corresponding with and it seems like nobody cares.. Pretty sad because they seem to have a pretty good selection.. 

6 hours ago, Dtret said:

Out of all the money I’ve spent on this car I will bet they didn’t get 100 bucks. They have a 15 dollar license plate frame that I like and want 35 dollars to ship it. No thanks to them. 

Their shipping is outrageous.. I bought from them because they seemed to have some good things that I was looking for.. 

I know the virus was hurting them because i called an order in to be picked up (they are an hour away with 1 bridge) and they told me NO pick-ups at all.  So ordered from the Parts Place.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a set of seatbelts from them for my girl as a new interior is on tap over this coming winter. They arrived today and look absolutely stunning. That said, they actually came from a third-party vendor/supplier thru SS396. 

Now don’t even get me started on OPG... The new center counsel I ordered also arrived today, but was damaged (see pictures) and they sent the wrong colored rearview mirror kit (gray surround when I specified black).

Anyway, it’s not like I need these things right away, so hopefully everything else arrives in good shape. 

CE104F04-35AB-42F9-B8C5-E23A29886EBD.jpeg

D80D945F-F182-4718-A638-BD45DB7055B4.jpeg

B9AFEDA4-0A9A-46F3-AA88-17EFDC3CF8E9.jpeg

• Sad 3

I ordered something from them recently.  They overcharged for shipping and then it took over a week to get it.  It actually came in a "The Parts Place" box.  I complained about the shipping charge but they did not credit me anything back.  They shouldn't put parts up on their site that they don't have or should at least state that it will come from someone else and be delayed while they send the order through multiple inboxes.

The Parts Place, Summit Racing, and Jegs have almost everything that Ground Up and OPGI carry but at a better price (and Summit/Jegs price match). I've only ordered window felts through OPGI/Restoparts (via Summit), and they don't seem to care too much about protective packaging.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 1:20 PM, 1Bad454 said:

Has anybody had issues with them? They sent me the wrong water pump pulley and made me pay the shipping to return it for exchange...

Update. Ground up ended up crediting me back the shipping charges that I payed out of pocket and apologized for the mistake. I received the correct part today. 

7 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

Update. Ground up ended up crediting me back the shipping charges that I payed out of pocket and apologized for the mistake. I received the correct part today. 

WOW 🤩 good for you 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

WOW 🤩 good for you 

Yeah it was one customer service rep in particular that really helped me out. I am holding on to her contact info for future. LOL