Beautiful day for a ride

It was a beautiful day today so the grandkids and I took the Monte out for a ride and a few pictures.

rob

20210515_152701.jpg20210515_152740.jpg20210515_152759.jpg20210515_152810.jpg20210515_152845.jpg20210515_152903.jpg

• Like 6

• Rob Peters changed the title to Beautiful day for a ride

Beautiful Monte Rob!!!  There's nothing like family time...especially when it involves cruising!!!  Really dig the fender mounted turn signal indicators!!!  Do you happen to know where I could find a set?

4 hours ago, Beaver said:

Beautiful Monte Rob!!!  There's nothing like family time...especially when it involves cruising!!!  Really dig the fender mounted turn signal indicators!!!  Do you happen to know where I could find a set?

Tony,

The Light monitor system is a fiber optic lamp indicator option that was a 1970 Monte only option.  Like Willie said, they do come up for sale on ebay.  The only thing is the ones on the Monte were different than the ones that were on the Chevelle, Impala or other Chevrolet models because the Monte only had a single headlight on each side.  I know of at least one member who found a set and installed them on their Monte.

rob

• Like 1

Thanks Rob & Willie...I'm an GM accessory nut...LOL!  I did some research awhile back on the lamp indicators and saw they only came on the '70's, just like you said Rob...but I would really dig them on my '71!  I'm bummed that I missed the pair that Willie saw on Ebay...  Well, my search continues!!! Thanks again gentlemen!!!!

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

Thanks Rob & Willie...I'm an GM accessory nut...LOL!  I did some research awhile back on the lamp indicators and saw they only came on the '70's, just like you said Rob...but I would really dig them on my '71!  I'm bummed that I missed the pair that Willie saw on Ebay...  Well, my search continues!!! Thanks again gentlemen!!!!

Tony, just a note for when you are looking.  The LENS for the fender indicators were different.  The Monte only had a green dot in the lens which are for the headlights and also a clear dot in the lens which illuminates as amber due to the amber turn signal lamp.  Other cars had 3 indicator dots in the lens.  The bezels may have been the same as other cars like the Impala, Caprice and Chevelle.

rob