Interesting Thing At A Cruise Tonight

Rob Peters

When I was in High School I drove a late 50's Black VW Volkswagen Beetle.  I am at a cruise and saw this blue VW about the same year as my black one and started checking it out.

I was checking out the interior.  Check out the original radio in this Bug.  I have to wonder if it is the same make radio that was in the one I drove.....if so maybe a seed was planted in my brain way back years before our cars were released.  Check out the picture of the radio.

rob

20210521_162639.jpg20210521_162318.jpg20210521_162259.jpg

It's kind of funny, the typeface they used is similar to the one used on later model Monte's

rob

Something I just noticed......The dial is reversed.  Usually a dial goes from low numbers to high numbers but this one goes high numbers to low numbers.  I wonder if this is a Canadian thing because this car was built in Canada, according to the owner.

rob

12 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

My very first car was a 56 bug, bought it for 35 dollars. Still have an old faded picture in my wallet.

20210521_183522.jpg

That looks familiar. My dad had a 56 bug in the early 70’s. He owned a Texaco gas station back then, and on a slow Saturday afternoon I would drive it around the parking lot. I’m guessing I was 12 or 13 at the time. Fond memories!

• Like 1