Can I find what month/year that my MC was built?

Hello All,

I have an oddity with my 1972 Monte Carlo. Bought it off the original owner and all is original condition when I purchased it.

My question is: I am wanting to find out when my car was built? Month & year? Is their any way of finding this out?

I have the original build sheet (95%) of it. Is it indicated on it and if so, where would I find it?

My main reason is I have a 1972 MC Custom 454 but it has a 1971 trunk lid emblem with the Roman numbers. I was thinking if my car was built late 1971, that might explain it. No indication that it was ever replaced. The MC has various items the original owner said they ordered like the big block 454, Custom package, power locks but hand crank windows. Non-tilt wheel but tilt wheel steering wheel, console car, etc. Rambling here... Just curious if a build date is somewhere to be found?

Thanks for any assistance with my question!!

In the driver's door jamb on the door there should be a sticker indicating the month and year. Also on the trim tag there should be a code. 

The blue sticker on the driver’s door will have month and day (if the sticker is still there). The build sheet has month and day on it near the top left I believe. Your body tag on the cowl will have the month and week it was built.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your help. I have the blue sticker on the drivers door but the dates seem to have faded over time. With your help I located it on the build sheet. 11-12

• Like 1

Based on that your body tag should have "11B" next to the left rivet indicating the second week of November. :)

That is a rare car you have. Not many 454 Customs.

• Like 1