A KNIGHT HAS PASSED - Jim Crockett

Rob Peters

I am so sorry to report that long time club member Jim Crockett has passed away.  From what I have learned from a friend of his, Jim was recovering from a recent stroke.  Jim fell down some steps and hit his head and was placed on life support and was not able to recover.  As soon as I find out any details on arrangements I will pass them on along with an address where sympathy cards can be sent.  

You may remember, Jim's wife passed away very recently.  Please keep Jim's family in your thoughts and prayers.  Jim was a wonderful person with a big heart.  Jim had invited us to stay with him at his house for the Eastern Meet this August.

Jim and his son Aaron are our clubs Tax People.

God Bless You Jim.

Rob

• Like 3

Damn. Horrible news. I can’t imagine losing both parents over such a short period of time. May God grant his family strength in this difficult time. 

Damn. Horrible news. I can’t imagine losing both parents over such a short period of time. May God grant his family strength in this difficult time. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Out thoughts and prayers go out to his family and the people who knew him. 

Dennis, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

rob

I remember several years ago in Carlisle it rained all day and we were sitting at the bar area in the breakfast room and everybody was just have a good time and I fell asleep. When all of the talking stopped I woke up and Jim was doing the talking so he razed me for a long time over sleeping thru one of his dissertations. Always had a great time when he was around.

• Like 1

Good evening all, I had asked a friend of Jim's to send me the arrangements but I never heard back from him.  I found a copy of his Obit on line this evening.  While it is too late do send a personal message I wanted to share this information with you all.  As I sit here tonight I still can't believe we have lost Jim.  

Since Jim and Aaron are our club tax people I would talk with Jim on a fairly regular basis.  Jim was a very easy person to talk with.  As I said before, Jim had a big heart and someone easy to be a close friend with.  I was looking forward to staying with Jim for this year's Eastern Meet.  I know Jim was really missing his wife Karen who passed away earlier this year.  Jim called me several times after Karen passed, just to talk about Karen and of course Monte Carlo's.  Jim left us way too soon at the age of 62 and I will miss his laugh, our talks about Monte Carlo's and his help with filing the club taxes.  Below is Jim's Obit.  Rest In Peace Jim.

Obituary of James Temple Crockett, Jr

Kingsport - James Temple Crockett, Jr., 62 of Kingsport went to be with the Lord Friday, June 4, 2021 at Holston Valley Medical Center. He was a native of Kingsport and the son of James T. Crockett, Sr. and Sylvia T. Crockett. Jim was a loving father of 5 and grandfather of 5. He was a member of New Hope Evangelical Presbyterian Church and was owner of Crockett’s Tax Service. He enjoyed his antique car collection and treated everyone he met as family.

Jim was preceded in death by his wife, Karen L. Crockett and his father James T. Crockett.

He is survived by his children; Aaron Crockett and Hannah Spraul (Elijah), Sarah Robinette, Rebecca Labreau (Greg Bartley), Seth Labreau; mother, Sylvia T. Crockett (Ron Coleman); brother, Eric T. Crockett (Andrea); grandchildren, Leigha and Landon Robinette, Katie Labreau, Lexi and Makayla Bartley; special goddaughter, Lisa Newman; and several nieces and nephews.

A graveside service will be conducted at 11 am Monday, June 7, 2021 at East Lawn Memorial Park. Those wishing to attend are asked to meet at the cemetery at 10:45 am. Pallbearers will be family and friends

Memorial contributions may be made to New Hope Evangelical Presbyterian Church at 1116 Nelms Lane, Kingsport, TN 37665 or to the Shriner’s at PO Box 5548, Kingsport, TN 37663.

Rob Peters

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jerry Skidmore said:

I just learned of this today while visiting the shop where my engine was rebuilt, which is just down the street from Jim’s tax service. My thoughts and prayers to his family of this sad news.

Ill be up Monday to get my Vista cruiser bumper  

Gonna go see Aaron 

• Canuck changed the title to A KNIGHT HAS PASSED - Jim Crockett