What I Did To My Monte Today

Rob Peters

NOTHING!!! When the ceiling starts to fall down in our grandson's room at their house it is all hands on deck.

We started the demo today and started to scab in some 2X4's so we can hang drywall. Lots of work today and back tomorrow so no Monte work this weekend.

rob20210605_120058.jpg20210605_120158.jpg20210605_164104.jpg20210605_164113.jpg

Rob wrtote: Lots of work today and back tomorrow 

I remember when my baby brother and I took down the ceiling in my daughters bedroom. Rob you look clean compared to us that afternoon. It had that loose fill cat liter like insulation and when we dropped the ceiling we were covered in it plus all of the mouse droppings and what ever else kind of filth was up there. When family needs help that is what we do, jump in and get dirty. 

Looks like your day was about as much fun as mine was today, even less so...☹️

I weed whacked for five hours then mowed for an hour and a half. But I would have rather done that then tear down a ceiling. Just curious Rob,  did they have to take out a second mortgage for the stack of 2x4 ‘s? Just kidding but not really. A 3/4 in sheet of plywood is 102 bucks at Home Depot. 

You coulda killed two birds with one stone and used the Monte to haul the debris away.  That’s what I would’ve done. 

Not. 

🤣

8 hours ago, Glen said:

You coulda killed two birds with one stone and used the Monte to haul the debris away.  That’s what I would’ve done. 

Not. 

🤣

Ouch...... bite your tongue,   For today I got just as dirty.  Took a 45 minute shower to remove all of the crap off of me.  We are close to being able to hang drywall.  This house is well over 100 years old.   We found evidence of prior work in one area.  Someone used a newspaper to fill a gap.  The newspaper was dated 1971.  We are having to scab in a bunch of 2X4's because when this house was built all of the studs and joist's are on a 24 inch center rather than 16 inch.  

rob

I feel your pain. I hated working on our old house. It was built in 29. Lathe and plaster nothing squared nothing straight. Thank god for textured drywall mud. But they still don’t make houses like they used to. Build to last. Good luck I’m sure it will turn out great 

31 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Ouch...... bite your tongue,   For today I got just as dirty.  Took a 45 minute shower to remove all of the crap off of me.  We are close to being able to hang drywall.  This house is well over 100 years old.   We found evidence of prior work in one area.  Someone used a newspaper to fill a gap.  The newspaper was dated 1971.  We are having to scab in a bunch of 2X4's because when this house was built all of the studs and joist's are on a 24 inch center rather than 16 inch.  

rob

Rob, 

I can sorta feel your pain. Years ago a friend bought an old farmhouse here in the city. Same thing… About 100 years old at the time, lathe and plaster and the insulation consisted of ancient shredded newspapers. We ripped it down to the framing after he found out the place was nothing more than a huge termite infestation. Not one square wall, not a single level floor etc. 

Im far from a handyman or tradesman... I was just the helper monkey for demo and humping the material out to the dumpsters.

The Monte will be waiting for ya when the important [censored] is done... family first.