New project

I don't know Steve, it looks like you are doing pretty darn good there.  So what if it needs more work, what else does a retired guy need to do.

rob

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 2:36 PM, cny first gen 71 said:

Been working on the hood off and on between vacations and other things. I'll tell you all them layres of paint are a pain to get off, it seems awful hard. And the white primer (or whatever it is) is on there thick too. But I'm almost to the point of deciding which scoop to get, and what to do with louvers and to cut the hole out of the center or not. Decisions Decisions 🤔 

20210812_142150.jpg

Oh god!!! The 10-year-old concrete hard epoxy primer!! This stuff was SO HARD to block sand on the rest of my car. I have no idea what they used, but boy that was a LOT of sanding! It was laid on real thick. I completely feel your pain on this one! 

Its looking great, Steve! I cant believe this is the first time I'm seeing this thread! I remember you saying you were going to start working on it. Looks tons better than the goofy little scoop that came on there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I'm hoping to have it done by then.

I wish you lived closer, I'd be more than happy to help you finish it if it came down to that.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I wish you lived closer, I'd be more than happy to help you finish it if it came down to that.

Thanks Joe, I still have the bottom to do too but that shouldn't be as bad but I want the top ready for paint then do bottom.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, willie said:

Steve that looks fantastic!!!   Beyond my skill level but i am going to start soon. How bad can i mess it up???

Oh I've messed it up enough 😅 trust me on that. Be very careful with the metel work, if you mess up the filler you sand it off and start over. I'm pretty sure that's how my wrist got messed up, dr aggrees,  but I guess I'm that stubborn and also want to learn more. It's getting there.

• Like 1

Got down to do some more work on hood my wrist has been bothering me and I did something to my back too so it's been slow going. I did get it all blocked out and more primer on it. Now I'll wet sand it out and get the right color primer on it and do the bottom side. It doesn't look any different so no new pictures. 

• Like 2

Well I haven't work on it but I guess I kinda tested it. I went to move it off the saw horses it was on and clean up a bit. When putting it back up on horses one broke and the hood hit the floor, my heart stopped for a second but I picked it back up and got it leaning on the wall and it was fine no damage at all. Guess I'll get some new ones tomorrow and try again probably get some help this time.

20220310_193802.jpg

• Sad 1