New project

So, Now is a good time to actually build a good set so you can do a hood for me. I'm in , even with the higher price of lumber!! Just think,you do 1-2 more hoods and the saw horse's are paid for!! It looks great Steve.post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

3 hours ago, 420ponies said:

So, Now is a good time to actually build a good set so you can do a hood for me. I'm in , even with the higher price of lumber!! Just think,you do 1-2 more hoods and the saw horse's are paid for!! It looks great Steve.post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

I don't know Jim as much as a pain as this has been don't think I want to do any more 🤔 I'll absorb the cost of new saw horses lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well new update, I screwed up the bottom of the hood. I had it looking pretty good but saw a couple small runs so figured I'd scuff them out. I should have left them alone noone would have ever seen them probably but no not me I know they are there. So anyhow I did scuff them out nicely and put another nice coat of paint on the hood, looked great. Went back about an hour later and found it was wrinkling up in a bunch of spots so it looks like I almost have to start over, bummer eh. So that's sets me back a bit. I probably shouldn't be working on it anyhow. Wish me luck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Well I think I got the bottom done now and the hood release spring mechanism, a lot of wet sanding and my hand and wrist was really hurting but got through it. It ain't perfect but don't look bad I'll take it, now I'll let it dry good and flip it back over and work more on the top.

20220323_155528.jpg

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Everything looks good in pictures 😂 you really can't see all the flaws and trust me there are flaws.

We'll just take a closer look at Carlisle, 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, 70MC402 said:

Looks amazing in the pictures! I’ve always wanted to attempt this but don’t have half the skill you do! Great Job!

It's not skill it's trial and error lol, I'm not a body guy or painter but it didn’t come out to bad. Everything looks better in pictures 😂

• Like 3