New project

Maybe get some of the real fine grit discs and use the DA for the majority of the large flat areas?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jft69z said:

Maybe get some of the real fine grit discs and use the DA for the majority of the large flat areas?

Yes that would help but my air compressor died on the last coat of base and the new one I got won't run my air DA. I'm about 3/4 through the first grit so just time and patience.

20 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Yes that would help but my air compressor died on the last coat of base and the new one I got won't run my air DA. I'm about 3/4 through the first grit so just time and patience.

Damn, that sucks. Slow & steady then...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I got the hood put on today, adjusting it was a real pain because the hinges are worn but we got it for now. It's gotta come back off this fall to send the hinges out to be rebuilt. The springs don't hold it up so I gotta use a prop rod for now but hopefully after rebuilt and new springs that will be solved. But overalls it didn't come out to bad. Once I got it out in the natural light I found a few issues but should be able to correct some of them. Overall I'm happy with it. Took it to a cruise in tonight and it didn't fall off lol.

20220525_153103.jpg

20220525_153051.jpg

• Like 6