Cloth Bucket Seats

SSpev

3 hours ago, SSpev said:

I'm researching for bucket seat covers.  Are these right? or What are they from?  I would expect a barn find to be likely original.

I do like the look.

https://barnfinds.com/1971-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss-454/

Those are not original. I used "Cars" for my cloth covers and was very happy with the product. I worked in an upholstery shop in college and did the install myself so I saw both the inside and the outside. The Cars covers were a quality item, just as well made as the custom "one off" custom and panel replacement / repair work that was done by the shop I worked in.

• Like 2

The ones pictured have the "houndstooth" pattern made famous by the 69 Z/28s. 

That being said, I have the legendary  cloth ones in my 70. Love them. When I brought them to my upholstery guy, he raved about the quality. Bit like others said, they take awhile. 

I ordered my vinyl replacement covers, springs and foam (among a ton more interior pieces) through Legendary. Everything for the seats has arrived within a month except the foam, but they told me when I ordered it would be anywhere from 4 to 6 months before I received everything. The vinyl is of excellent quality, and I can’t wait to see how everything looks after the new interior is completed. That’ll be either over this coming winter or first thing next spring before cruising season. 

4 hours ago, Mike Brichta said:

Hey Glen, when did you place your order? I placed mine in the beginning of March. So far, nothing.

I ordered mine in January.  Called last week and was told they will ship on July 8.   I sure hope they are right this time, this is my second time around.  

8 hours ago, Mike Brichta said:

Hey Glen, when did you place your order? I placed mine in the beginning of March. So far, nothing.

Mike,

I placed my order on 14 April. Talked to “Lacy” who was super cool and helpful.  I’m still waiting on a ton of other parts - she estimated delivery in July and August depending on which part. 

Same deal with OPG; I ordered a ton of things from them also. About 80% of it has arrived (console just yesterday!  See attached pic) but a few more things are on backorder and not expected to arrive until mid-July.   I’m not getting upset over it (yet!) as I plan on doing the interior over the winter or first thing in the early spring next year. 

178F2D52-0F8F-4420-ABD7-63DF45657233.jpeg

23 hours ago, SSpev said:

I'm researching for bucket seat covers.  Are these right? or What are they from?  I would expect a barn find to be likely original.

I do like the look.

https://barnfinds.com/1971-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss-454/

I may be wrong, but the washer fluid jug looks a little too square and there should be a compressor on the driver's inner fender if it was a real barn find. I think they were just sharing a cool car.