Power window add

BYBIS

Yes, I installed a complete factory PW setup from a '72 Monte into my '70.  I refurbished the regulators and all of the door switches and connectors prior to the install.  I took my time and took dozens of photos of all steps in the process. If you get a factory system from salvage, be sure to get all four regulators (front, rear, left and right), all four switches, both accordion door grommets, both wiring harnesses and the PW relay (often overlooked but necessary).

It's not a simple project but well worth doing, IMO.  I use the power windows every time I drive my '70 in SW Florida (almost daily) during the winter months.  We had such a gorgeous winter and early spring last season that I didn't run my Classic Auto Air AC once.  I prefer to cruise around town with all the windows down unless my wife is along.

Let me know if you decide to do it as I will be happy to share tips and photos and answer questions.  Good luck!

P3142461.JPG

811.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

You may also need door panels

I was able to use the existing door panels by installing the switch housings at the same location of the previous hand crank opening (photos attached).  I had factory power windows on my other '70 and the switches were in exactly those same locations.

I also installed factory power door locks at the same time and those switch locations were actually shown with an indented outline on the backside of the door panel.

789.JPG

790.JPG

792.JPG

801.JPG

802.JPG

793.JPG

803.JPG

• Like 1