AT LAST!

CloverThe72

Hi!!! I'm Marilyn, and I just bought a '72 Monte. I've been driving past this car since I was a toddler, and I've finally scraped together the cash to buy it.

Clover is a 1972 Monte Carlo, with a 350 SBC and transmission (probably a TH350) out of a '70 Kingswood. She was abandoned at one point, and her front seat is out of a 1970 Monte. This car has sat since 1996 or so, and will as such require a bit of work- but, as the old story goes, "It ran when parked!"

I'm a 22-year-old college student out of western Washington, and daily a '67 Chevy C10. I also own a 1979 Cadillac hearse. I work for the railroad, which has been my dream since I was a little kid! I've also dreamt of owning one of these cars. In a few days, I'll be taking Clover home and the resurrection- er, restoration- to driving status can begin!

Lots of rust, wish me luck!

clover my monte.jpg

• Like 2

Many people in this group will wish you luck. Get used to it. And if you have any questions feel free to type away. The folks here are great about helping. That’s a good start on a classic car. By the way welcome to the group 

53 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

:W aboard good luck with it, looks to be complete but a little rough. Hopefully nothing seriously wrong wrong with it. Have fun with it. Theres lots of knowledge here to help you out, ask lots of questions. 

She's dusty and musty and mighty darn rusty. Floors will need work; tin patches now, full patch panels later. Trunk bottom looks to have holes... It's bottomed-out, so I can't tell how rusty the frame is, but it's been in Washington all its life, so I'd bet the frame is fine.

Thanks for the welcome everybody! I'll pick her up soon and see what I can do.

Welcome Marilyn! Nice collection you have started already! And your dream job?! You are living the dream! 

Like many have stated, alot of helpful people here. Not just with Monte Carlos either. 

Good luck living your dream and keep the pics coming!!! 

Marilyn, You have a good eye when it comes to classic cars.  For the most part, they are all restorable.  Are you looking to make it a daily driver, a cruise car or a trailer queen show car.  If it has been sitting for awhile as you have said it sounds like you are aware it is going to need some major work.  Like others have said here, there is a good bit of knowledge here.  We are a good source for parts and where to get them.  Several of our dues paying and just board members are good sources of parts.  Just one note, we love pictures, the more the better so keep the pictures coming.

rob

6 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Marilyn, You have a good eye when it comes to classic cars.  For the most part, they are all restorable.  Are you looking to make it a daily driver, a cruise car or a trailer queen show car.  If it has been sitting for awhile as you have said it sounds like you are aware it is going to need some major work.  Like others have said here, there is a good bit of knowledge here.  We are a good source for parts and where to get them.  Several of our dues paying and just board members are good sources of parts.  Just one note, we love pictures, the more the better so keep the pictures coming.

rob

Thanks for the welcome! I'm hoping to turn her into a daily, maybe eventually get her repainted. The front driver's quarter panel has a big piece missing thanks to rust too. I'll be sure to keep the forum in mind for any parts needs!

Welcome Marilyn!!!!   She doesn't look that bad (nothing some/alot of work can't handle) for a driver. Good Luck with her and post as you go!!!

I’ve seen people take a LOT worse cars and turn them into show cars. You’ve got an excellent start and based on your intro post you already know what the heck you’re talking about. Good luck and keep us posted.