Badges

John S

I noticed that in the past couple days I received a couple of badges. I don’t know what they mean didn’t even know we had them I have been a member since 2014. Not important, I don’t  know the significance of them maybe someone can explain. As I said not important just curious.

John S 

• Like 1

The forums were just updated in the last couple days and the badges are simply part of the upgrade. I'll be looking into configuring these for our forum.

You can earn different badges based on your activity on the forum. If you have lots of helpful replies you earn a badge, if you start popular conversations you earn a badge, etc. I'm not sure it is necessary for our community here but I will leave it for now and see how it goes.

If you are like me and don't want to be notified every time you get a badge then do as follows.

Go to your Account Settings
Click Notification Settings 
Click the down arrow next to Achievements
Untick the Notification List

42 minutes ago, Dtret said:

A new guy has been a member for 19 hours and he’s already a rookie. What’s your deal?  Lol 😂 

You need to step it up a little Mister.

• Like 1

I think time is a secondary thought but the number of posts counts more I've been a member for almost 10 years and still a newbie. Oh well I gues that is better than a has been😂

I just got a notification, I've been upgraded to 'Explorer".....whatever the f' that is, lol. 

18 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I just got a notification, I've been upgraded to 'Explorer".....whatever the f' that is, lol. 

Me too. Bring on the stupid dancing bananas. 

5 hours ago, John S said:

I’ve been here seven years and I’m still a newbie

John S

Newbies have to wash other member's cars.

I’ll bring mine thru first thing in the morning, kid. If you do a good job, maybe I’ll let you park it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2