Door pull straps?

Brew

Maybe Legendary. They wanted to sell me some when I had my interior done, but I just sprayed mine to freshen them up. They were crazy money if I recall, which is why I sprayed the originals.

I did the same as Joe. Scuffed and sprayed with interior matching paint. Then I flipped them and put them on opposite panels so the wear pattern was hidden. 

12 minutes ago, Brew said:

Tried Legendary. No luck😕

That's odd, they wanted something like $190 or more if memory serves correct. Enough that I looked mine over and said 'no way'. Like Dennis, I flipped them so the wear pattern was down. Did you call them, or just look online at their catalog? (I think my interior may still be the cover car for the M/C catalog)

I'll try to dig thru the old invoices and see if there's a part number or reference when I get home later.

3 minutes ago, jft69z said:

That's odd, they wanted something like $190 or more if memory serves correct. Enough that I looked mine over and said 'no way'. Like Dennis, I flipped them so the wear pattern was down. Did you call them, or just look online at their catalog? (I think my interior may still be the cover car for the M/C catalog)

I'll try to dig thru the old invoices and see if there's a part number or reference when I get home later.

I just looked online. They’re closed today

Official name, don't know. Legendary just says to "re-use original trim end caps and mounting brackets".

5 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

joe thanks for the info i need to replace they r coming apart at the inside seam. have u ever been to olcott beach car show 

You're welcome Bob. 

Yeah, we go every year usually. There's 2 actually, the earlier one is the 'Pirate's Festival' or something like that, usually smaller than the main one. The big one gets in the vicinity of 1000 cars or so. Lot of stuff comes from Canada and Rochester NY for that show.

Just now, jft69z said:

You're welcome Bob. 

Yeah, we go every year usually. There's 2 actually, the earlier one is the 'Pirate's Festival' or something like that, usually smaller than the main one. That one gets in the vicinity of 1000 cars or so. Lot of stuff comes from Canada and Rochester NY for that show.

And you say you’re not a car show guy. 🤔

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

And you say you’re not a car show guy. 🤔

I take my daily driver up there, walk around for a couple of hours, then go home.

1 minute ago, jft69z said:

I take my daily driver up there, walk around for a couple of hours, then go home.

I understand. I’m good for hour or two then I’m done 

5 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I understand. I’m good for hour or two then I’m done 

No way I'm sitting there all day, land locked in and can't leave. Especially since they start real early, lining up 1000+ cars, etc. Nope, I go, enjoy everyone else's hard work and nice rides & go home.

1 hour ago, bob 71 said:

well im a glutten for punishment booked a room for 2 days going to see what else to do. getaway weekend not far from niagra falls 

I'll PM you my cell number. I'm about 100 feet from Niagara Falls city line.

If you stay around an extra day or so, there's a good cruise night on Mondays at the old Wurlitzer factory in N. Tonawanda. Usually gets over 500 cars.

7 hours ago, Brew said:

What would the thing the ESCUTCHEONS slide onto be called?

44462A5C-DF57-47B8-87AC-A58539A118E6.jpeg

Brew,

Not to be nit picky, but those end caps don't actually "slide" on to the mounting brackets.  Instead, they are made to "snap" onto the mounting bracket once they are properly positioned. 

I don't have a photo of the back of an end cap, but the ones on my '70s had a small spring steel catch that clamped onto the outer edges and the inside end of the mounting bracket to keep them from sliding back off the end of the strap/bracket when in use.  It sure looks like they should slide onto the side rails of those mounting brackets but they actually have to be positioned over the mounting bracket and snapped into place. 

I encountered one end cap that would slide a bit on the bracket and discovered that the end of the spring steel clamp and been broken off, likely by trying to slide it into position on the bracket.

I found that it was easy to remove them by simply snapping them off the bracket with a flat blade screwdriver (as shown in the attached photo) so replacing them just reverses that process.  Good luck.

529.JPG

• Like 2