Hello everyone

71SSclone

Thanks for letting me join. I just purchased a 71 Monte Carlo SS clone.  I bought it from a friend of mine that has had it since 2008.  It has a freshly rebuilt 454, and the trans was rebuilt 5000 miles ago.  The car is triple black, with bucket seats and console. Im pretty sure nothing is original so I dont have to worry about restoring her.  Gives me the freedom to modify it without feeling guilty. 

John

• Like 2

Good for you! Welcome, and we like pictures here, lots of them.

She has some rust issues. I'm afraid what I'll find underneath the vinyl top. I'm thinking of removing the vinyl top and just painting to roof black. 

The mechanicals need to be addressed first. Need to rebuild front and rear suspensions, sort out the fuel tank (leaking and sending unit doesn't work) and put AC back in it 

John

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

Hey John Welcome to the club!!!!!    She is a great looking car. Usual rust in that spot. I say fix the mechanicals and drive it for the summer. Attack the rust some time in the winter because the rust is not going anywhere. Enjoy her first!

Welcome John. Very nice car !!  I just attended my first club event in Carlisle and met a great group of people that couldn’t have been more friendly and helpful. Saw some beautiful cars too !! Next year’s eastern meet will be there and I hope to see you there. 

• Like 1