Plastic coated Door glass retaining clips ?

Brew

I’m trying to find these things and need to know what they are called. 

UPDATE: they are called Pillar Post Weatherstrip Retainer Clips

they are riveted inside the chrome roof rail weatherstrip channels. Top of door glass closes onto them. 2 per side. 
Door glass retaining clips did not get me there. 😟

I can plasti-dip these originals if I have to I guess. but was hoping to find OEM replacements and can’t search it unless I know what they are called. 

Thanks for any help. 

22DDFF7D-9C23-4D0B-9397-108DCBBEE809.jpeg

2E7C5894-828B-4739-8729-E1B6C6BED237.jpeg

This topic came up many years ago and back then the member used the Plastic Dip trick.  To the best of my knowledge they still are not reproduced and all of these years I have never seen any NOS listed.  Not sure if anyone has a good donor car that would have a usable set.

rob

36 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I bet Dan with all his talents could make them, but I'm sure there isnt enough of a call for them to be worth making them.

I don't know Steve.  I have seen many Monte's in need of these.  Being an item that is not currently reproduced it may be worth it to find a manufacturer.

rob

• Like 1

Good find! Looks like Corvette only, even when googling "windshield post weatherstrip upper retainer". Guess the only real way to tell is get a couple & see how they match up. I used black adhesive lined shrink tubing when I reinstalled mine, didn't think about plasti-dip.

49 minutes ago, Brew said:

It’s called a BLOWOUT CLIP

No it’s not. The blowout clip is the one that connects the two trim parts together. It’s triangle shaped. You can buy them. 

2 minutes ago, Dtret said:

No it’s not. The blowout clip is the one that connects the two trim parts together. It’s triangle shaped. You can buy them. 

True. But I saw the term used for both. Either way it got me to the part for sale. Have a good day

I took mine off 30+ years ago, the plastic had broken off. 

Looks like they make them for first gen Camaros too. Two different sizes. Wonder if one of those fit? Part numbers just come back to Camaro though.

http://www.autometaldirect.com/chq-roof-rail-weatherstrip-blow-out-clips-4pc-set-67-69-camaro-firebird-coupe-p-2330.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Roofrail-Weatherstrip-Blow-Out-Clip-Set-/172101818395

I bought them years ago from OPG when I was in California. Can any one show a picture on the car? I don’t remember them where you are showing them in the first picture. I think the window glass lays on them? Yes or No?

2 hours ago, MC-71 said:

I bought them years ago from OPG when I was in California. Can any one show a picture on the car? I don’t remember them where you are showing them in the first picture. I think the window glass lays on them? Yes or No?

BD8EE687-DEFF-4195-83D5-505DFA1FD9E8.jpeg

I found roof rail weatherstrip guides in "Ground Up". If you look on www.ss396.com p/n jss-4579 that may be what you are looking for.

It is not the bracket but the rubber cover that got on the bracket.

21 minutes ago, Gerard Munday said:

I found roof rail weatherstrip guides in "Ground Up". If you look on www.ss396.com p/n jss-4579 that may be what you are looking for.

It is not the bracket but the rubber cover that got on the bracket.

That’s the plastic blowout clip that goes between the two pieces of trim. The angle connector if you will.