Jobe

Jobe Justice

Jobe,

Welcome aboard the boards.  To answer your question, it would depend upon what part you are searching for.  If it is body parts, we have some members who have some used or reconditioned parts.  Some of the standard stuff is available at several reliable parts houses like Lutty's Chevy Parts, The Parts Place, Metro Molded and many others.  Let us know what your needs are.

rob

• Like 1

Welcome to the boards, as you look around the site you'll find lots of useful information. we love pictures and questions.  Progress pictures are great. Good luck with your project. Keep us informed on your progress we have everything here from daily drivers to first class show cars. We love them all!

22 hours ago, Jobe Justice said:

In the middle of restoring my 1971 Monte Carlo. Where is the best place to buy parts?

I was curious how to got to the middle of your restoration without buying any parts. Lol. I was buying parts while my was still on the trailer after purchasing. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome to the club Jobe!!!!  As others listed most of the repo places, there are many people who have used original parts. Just ask below in the wanted section.

The Parts place is good. OPGI is good & they will send you a Monte Carlo catalog where you can find stuff you didn’t know you needed. they are a tad pricey at times. 
good luck

21 minutes ago, Brew said:

The Parts place is good. OPGI is good & they will send you a Monte Carlo catalog where you can find stuff you didn’t know you needed. they are a tad pricey at times. 
good luck

But watch the shipping charges. They are crazy and they also back order parts and don’t tell you  Good parts though. 

4 minutes ago, Dtret said:

But watch the shipping charges. They are crazy and they also back order parts and don’t tell you  Good parts though. 

Talking about OPGI I'm guessing, at least in my experience that's absolutely true. Stupid high shipping charges sometimes, and no parts available. When they do ship, it seems to go to the moon & back, a couple of times before it gets to you.

I tend to use Summit a lot. If you google the part numbers you find at OPGI, or other places for that matter, Summit more often than not will have it. Usually about the same price if you figure in shipping, plus it'll usually be there the next day or two.

I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts from OPGI and never had a problem with shipping. I’ve had parts back ordered but it appears on their site in the part listing or rarely I have gotten notified in subsequent email within hours of placing an order that a part is back ordered. They give you the option of canceling if so and if other parts were ordered they do not charge shipping on back orders. 
additionally, if you order more than $200 I think it is, shipping is free. 

I only had one part from them over the years that I was not very satisfied with  and that was a dash pad. They could not get the color right (vendor issue I suppose)

Just my two cents

2 hours ago, Brew said:

I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts from OPGI and never had a problem with shipping. 

I initially ordered things from them when going thru the 72. I learned pretty quick about their shortcomings. Body mounts on backorder for months. Finally canceled and got them from Summit. Numerous other parts as well.

I tried to order a gage pod, so I didn't have to butcher my stock one for the dakota digital gages. The part was $89, shipping was $47, for something about as big as a loaf of bread. I got it from Summit.

I always found the stuff that i needed some where else, so i never had that problem from them. But more people than Joe said the same thing about them. Maybe DB you got lucky every time you ordered from them.

Welcome to the site.  All the places the guys have mentioned on here are good spots to find parts.  It really depends on the part and if you want reproduction or original parts.  Sometimes repop can be a roll of the dice for the right fit.  There is always the good old car parts swapmeets too...good luck on the build!