Syracuse National's

420ponies

I know it's too late to see who is at the National's this weekend. I'm still hoping to come up and see you all there.  We will not be bringing my Monte ,still waiting on parts for it. i'm checking the forecast everyday . Hope we can come up to see you.  post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'll be there for sure Jim, Tom and Bob will also be there. CK is not going to make the trip I'm not sure about Mike, Ryan is going to try and make it. My brother and I are going in tomorrow we will be in one of the camping areas. Call or text me if you make it up.

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I'll be there for sure Jim, Tom and Bob will also be there. CK is not going to make the trip I'm not sure about Mike, Ryan is going to try and make it. My brother and I are going in tomorrow we will be in one of the camping areas. Call or text me if you make it up.

I thought CK was going.  I thought he was heading up the group because he got the club banner from me so he could have a Mini-meet there.

rob

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

I thought CK was going.  I thought he was heading up the group because he got the club banner from me so he could have a Mini-meet there.

rob

Yes he was but with the weather they are calling for it kinda scared him away sadly enough.  He sent me a message this morning. Frank we'll be scattered all over the place we all have our favorite spots to try and get, sometimes we can and sometimes we cant. I always try to get by the building looking at chevy court stage. Hopefully you can find us in the sea of cars.

I really want to make it one year. The problem is cash at the time. I have to give up Carlisle to get up there and plan on it in advance so i am not caught short like i am this year.  

Oh yea I  understand that's why I dont do Carlisle every year. This show even though its 15 minutes from my house still ends costing around 500 bucks with everything  but worth every penny. In 20 years I've never missed this show even before I had my car.

Thats the problem also. I wish it was only 15 min away. Its from what the guys tell me 8+hours away. Carlisle is 4+hours. Still can be done just have to plan for it. I will get there eventually. LOL  How i wish it was only 15 min away.

38 minutes ago, willie said:

Thats the problem also. I wish it was only 15 min away. Its from what the guys tell me 8+hours away. Carlisle is 4+hours. Still can be done just have to plan for it. I will get there eventually. LOL  How i wish it was only 15 min away.

You can do it Willie. I drove 8 1/2 to Carlisle. Join the road trip club. 

• Like 1

Maybe next year we can put together another mini meet. I talked to them about a meet a few years ago but they cant guarantee us all parking together, there is no reserved parking we would all have to arrive together and stay together until parked which is nearly impossible at the show the way they bring the cars in to the show. I may talk to them again with  the new layout it may be doable. Hotel and restaurant probably wouldn't be a problem. Just a thought.

S

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Maybe next year we can put together another mini meet. I talked to them about a meet a few years ago but they cant guarantee us all parking together, there is no reserved parking we would all have to arrive together and stay together until parked which is nearly impossible at the show the way they bring the cars in to the show. I may talk to them again with  the new layout it may be doable. Hotel and restaurant probably wouldn't be a problem. Just a thought.

Steve,  do they allow you to save your spot overnight with a chair or canopy or do you just park where you find a new spot each day?

You can leave your car overnight but as far as a chair or canopy I wouldn't. We did 2 years ago left the canopy frame wire tied to a pole and no one bothered it but they also discouraged use of canopy especially in certain areas but not where we were. I dont really want to say it's a free for all but there is absolutely no reserved parking. Most times we'll take a couple cars over friday night after hours and park them so we can get another car in between in the morningwhen we go over, it's nice having 3 cars we can do that. Remember it is a very large show with 8000 cars or so but it's over 300 acres and 500+ campers.

We are here all settled into out camping spots, visited with some other friends camping and didnt get to wet setting up. Today looks to be a beautiful day. Dino tonight and show starts tomorrow.  Have a great Syracuse nationals weekend 😀

20210714_194131.jpg

• Like 3

Wait,wait, wait. You're not stalking them with not membership cards to get them thinking about joining? I'm looking at the forecast and not liking what I see. Shame I couldn't come up today, ( wooork!) .  Did Joe make it from Buffalo? He has a nice ' 72 with a LS6 big block. Gold color ,with 17" Rally' s on it.  I'm hoping that the weather isn't bad in the morning, plan on going it's descent.post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg

30 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

Did Joe make it from Buffalo? 

Thanks Jim,  & No, I'm here while the builders are insulating & sheeting the interior walls of the new building. 

hi steve walked about yesterday didnt see you. now i know why i couldnt find ck and the others. going back today and tomorrow rain or not will try to find you. i park on the grass by the trees past the expo center next to no prep r/c drags 

• Like 1