Best Vinyl Top ?

Mike Brichta

Mike,

I don't have a vinyl top on mine so I can not say who makes the best.  I know most of them, if not all, are not like the originals where the seams below the rear window would line up with the welded seam where the quarter panel would meet the filler panel that runs between the two quarter panels.  All original vinyl tops I have seen have those seams meeting the welded seams but not with the seams on the upper part of the roof.  I hope that makes sense.

rob

12 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Mike,

I don't have a vinyl top on mine so I can not say who makes the best.  I know most of them, if not all, are not like the originals where the seams below the rear window would line up with the welded seam where the quarter panel would meet the filler panel that runs between the two quarter panels.  All original vinyl tops I have seen have those seams meeting the welded seams but not with the seams on the upper part of the roof.  I hope that makes sense.

rob

I never noticed that. I will have to look. The P.O. of my car bought a new vinyl top years ago and never installed it. I have it so I will take it out of the box and check it out. Thanks for the info. 

I didn't realize that Legendary made vinyl tops. I wonder if there is a 6 month wait on those also. I'm still waiting for my door panels and seat covers since March. I better give them a call. I can't wait 6 months for a top.

Thanks!!