Sourcing rear window glass

Andy

Painting car, doing the normal new chrome stuff. Found a clear new windshield, BUT I can't find any new clear rear glass anywhere. Any body have any sources or know of one? 

Tx Andy

Thank you for the reply. I called to check to see if they have them in stock, unfortunately they don't. I've checked OPG, year one, lutty's, and several other sources. I have clear glass, tinted is available but it wouldn't match

One by one I changed all my glass from clear to tinted starting with the windshield when it was damaged and replaced by insurance. Nobody will notice if all the windows are down.

Andy, are you an OTR driver? I have an original clear rear window that I got with my door panels years ago. It has remnants of old, cheap tint on it and I need to look it over for scratches, but if it checks out you can have it if you ever make it to MN.

Thanks for the offer. I am not an OTR but if you check the glass and it's good I will come and get it. That's how desperate I am. Please let me know. What part of Minnesota?

I'll have my dad check it out, it's at his place ~70 miles north of Minneapolis. I'll call him tonight. If that fails I do know a local guy who might have some; he has quite a few Monte Carlo parts. I'll PM you his number.

Binswanger glass  ( 1-800-365-9922 ) was able to supply us with all of our glass and everything was lof ( Libby Owens Ford ) marked . 

It's been a few years,  they may be able to help you out.

Thanks all for the info. With me being less than an hour from summit racing I'll check with them first. I'll keep all of you updated. That way if I find any other stuff for us I'll post

Summit was a bust as well. That attaining date is an estimate. The sales person said it was going to get pushed back to late August.  Binswanger don't deal with the public anymore. Have to be a dealer. HOWEVER, Knocks was a different story. Spoke with Leo at great length. He said he does have one and will find it next week. He also has the ungettable drip rail . He usually won't sell only core them, but is willing to sell as a club member. Yahoo, hopefully by next weekend I can go and get it. MEGA thanks to everyone for their help .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Summit was a bust as well. That attaining date is an estimate. The sales person said it was going to get pushed back to late August.  Binswanger don't deal with the public anymore. Have to be a dealer. HOWEVER, Knocks was a different story. Spoke with Leo at great length. He said he does have one and will find it next week. He also has the ungettable drip rail . He usually won't sell only core them, but is willing to sell as a club member. Yahoo, hopefully by next weekend I can go and get it. MEGA thanks to everyone for their help .

Good deal. Glad you called him. 

• 2 weeks later...

I called over to Auto City on Friday because I need a tinted back window. They didn't even have those in stock, and said that they might show up in a few weeks. The local glass place that I was going to have do the install said they were able to get the glass though, we'll see if there's actually any stock since I'm hoping to get it installed in a few weeks. It must be the typical supply shortages that we're seeing everywhere these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Was at Knoniks today. Leo agreed to let me come over on a Sunday. I got the rear glass and drip rail trim. WOW does he have a HUGE inventory of cars, parts, that are new, original, and refurbished. I will be heading back to him with all my extra parts, to exchange for more stuff for me

• 1 month later...

I've been looking for clear glass for some years now. Door and windshield I can get its the same with me the back glass is unobtainable. I still have my clear quarter windows installed so I'm thankful for that