2021 Western Meet - Creston, BC

Unfortunately I’m told the drag racing event is now cancelled due to new restrictions regarding large gatherings in the interior of British Columbia.  Maximum amount of people allowed to gather during outdoor events is now 50, so all car shows, swap meets, drag racing etc is once again cancelled…..hope to still meet you guys in Creston in a couple weeks if anyone still plans on coming down.

2 hours ago, MohaveGold72 said:

Unfortunately I’m told the drag racing event is now cancelled due to new restrictions regarding large gatherings in the interior of British Columbia.  Maximum amount of people allowed to gather during outdoor events is now 50, so all car shows, swap meets, drag racing etc is once again cancelled…..hope to still meet you guys in Creston in a couple weeks if anyone still plans on coming down.

Yeah, I assumed the drag racing would be cancelled with the new regulations announced today. We will still have our meet as we are less than 50 people and all our group activities are outdoors. While it is a shame the drag racing is cancelled, it does not end our meet. We’ll still do our cruises, awards ceremony, door prizes, etc and have a great time hanging out as usual.

This meet has been cancelled.

The news came out yesterday regarding new protocols for the BC interior due to increasing covid-19 cases. The drag racing event is cancelled, restaurants are closing up and Creston has become one of the highest infection rates in BC so we have no choice but to cancel the meet.

Please ensure you cancel your hotel reservations.

• Sad 1

I am sorry to hear this. Aaron you have put so much time and effort into trying to make this happen. I really applaud you for your efforts on this. No person can be more disappointed than you. Again I’m sorry 

• Like 1

This is so unbelievably bad bad news!!!!! Aaron, I am so sorry, after everything you have done to try to make this Western Meet happen and be a success that now again you have to cancel.  I am also so sorry for all of you who were planning to attend.

rob

• Canuck unpinned this topic