Rear Quarter Panel Replacement

sqzboxman78

Good afternoon Y'all! Has anyone installed these panels? I've had to do some patch repair and I'm considering replacing the panels. I've seen these on a few different websites but no one shows a picture of the top view and/or door jam. Can anyone show me how "complete" this piece is? 

Screenshot_20210725-133234_Samsung Internet.jpg

I believe these are called "skins" as opposed to "full" quarters. I purchased a set of these years ago and I don't think they include the door jamb piece. Maybe they got better since then.

No jamb on those. Like Mike said, they are just skins. They don't go up to the upper bodyline. About 1/2" short and the wheel well arches are slightly smaller and flat. If using skirts the indent for the seal is not there and the skirt doesn't fit the opening. If installing wheel well  moulding you have to "make" it fit the smaller opening. 

Great for patches though. You are better off buying the AMD full quarter panels. Way less bodywork in the long run and door jamb.

IMG_1634.thumb.JPG.1859471d47244496950b8f58c8878b65.JPGThese are pics of the AMD quarters my brother installed onto my 71 402 4speed.  He did both quarters, trunk floor, package shelf and divider, panel between trunk and rear window, tailpanel, floors, bucket seat brackets, 4 speed console hump and fabricated pieces. North East car all it's life. And no, we didn't use the 72 endcaps. Just for mock up. Lol

KIMG17841.jpg

• Like 1

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!  Those look Awesome and less stressful to install!  Those are exactly what I need, thanks for sharing! AMD huh, I'll have to check them out.  I was looking at one off of OPGI. 

I would hold off going any further on the upper parts until you decide if you are going to change the full quarter panels. As shown in the pics I posted, the new panel hose all the way up there.