1970 lower chrome pieces?

Brew

I purchased a set from Restoparts and the pieces on very front and very back that cover the side lamps do not fit properly. There is no way to attach them & the holes for side lamps are not proper shape. They are listed as 1970-1972. 
anyone have a source for these pieces that fit 1970 properly?

4352BADB-7A4F-4351-A436-27341431CA24.jpeg

I purchased my aftermarket set from the parts place. Probably the same kit. I think it was a goodmark kit. I have two complete sets of oe( to be boxed and saved)  for my restoration but these as I didn’t want the oe ones ruined. I hope they fit their still in the bag. Did you get the suggested attaching clip kit. 

I may have. I’ve got so many parts. I try like heck to keep them organized but I may have misplaced that kit. 

i got my original chrome out of the shop crawl space & I am WRONG!

this new chrome is the same as the original.

I will have to try again.

Pay no attention to the ignernt guy!

Carry on! 😎

39 minutes ago, Brew said:

I may have. I’ve got so many parts. I try like heck to keep them organized but I may have misplaced that kit. 

i got my original chrome out of the shop crawl space & I am WRONG!

this new chrome is the same as the original.

I will have to try again.

Pay no attention to the ignernt guy!

Carry on! 😎

Let me guess...

you had them upside down and backwards????

😂😂😂

Watch when you install the chrome sections with the snap in the body clips. The new chrome is thinner than the original so it will leave dimples where you push it in. I was told that-not from personal experience. 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Let me guess...

you had them upside down and backwards????

😂😂😂

The front and rear ones cant go on upside down or backwards but most of the others can lol you may have to do some minor adjustments to get them on. And yes be very careful.

While at least I know that the information I was given was correct. I know the source so I knew it was correct. Hopefully I don’t ding mine when I put it on. Lol. 

18 minutes ago, Dtret said:

While at least I know that the information I was given was correct. I know the source so I knew it was correct. Hopefully I don’t ding mine when I put it on. Lol. 

Yea I dinged my aftermarket rocker moldings too, I saved the original ones so I'm going to clean them up and put them back on when the time comes plus use the plastic clips too. The rest of the moldings seemed to be better, at least I didnt ding them up.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 9:43 PM, cny first gen 71 said:

Yea I dinged my aftermarket rocker moldings too, I saved the original ones so I'm going to clean them up and put them back on when the time comes plus use the plastic clips too. The rest of the moldings seemed to be better, at least I didnt ding them up.

Plastic clips for rocker panel molding? Where might one buy these?

On 8/3/2021 at 3:36 PM, Brew said:

Plastic clips for rocker panel molding? Where might one buy these?

Sorry I've been away, they are auevco 8400. Several others have used them I haven't tried them yet but will when I redo mine they say they work well

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Sorry I've been away, they are auevco 8400. Several others have used them I haven't tried them yet but will when I redo mine they say they work well

I pulled my Rocker Moldings off a couple years ago because I had a few of the original clips missing and driver side Rocker would rattle during drives.  I did try replacing the factory clips but found them to be difficult to work with.  It was suggested try the Aveco 8400 clips (replaced all originals both sides with plastic clips) with original Rocker Moldings and went on without incident.  I recommend those clips..................  I bought a New NOS Rocker Molding set several years back thinking I would use them but considering I was able to reinstall originals without damaging them, I'm good for now.  :2beers:

Doug 

6 minutes ago, 71MonteCarloMD said:

I bought a kit from The Parts Place as I was told that plastic would be better to avoid scratches on the body that would rust.

I bought a parts place kit and it came with plastic clips,most of them anyway