Lost my best friend today 😢

GatorDog72

My buddy Gator, the dog in my avatar sadly passed away this afternoon. I rescued him in April 2010. He was my best friend. He was always there through all the tough times. I miss him so much already. I was very attached to my dog, you can probably tell by my screen name. May you Rest In Peace my friend. 😢 

474D6CDD-6949-402F-942C-6FF07DA37363.thumb.jpeg.c38997eb0b92dd5186bf11bc9bc80dc3.jpeg0FD06C30-8EC3-4538-8699-14273E85C7E9.thumb.jpeg.8c267179312f6e439634ecdade0491e9.jpeg5CE62D4F-E312-49B5-86D4-61E2986D2FD8.thumb.jpeg.54b9b8a5d3e42882fed7362c30b6d54f.jpegFD32B955-F3C4-4E52-BC8C-FA38B4F54230.thumb.jpeg.7a31d3838b7d0fbf58ff8029e978e83b.jpeg

• Sad 8

I’m so sorry to hear that. IMO I think it’s actually worse than losing a family member ( a person because the pet is OBVIOUSLY a family member). I miss my black lab every day. Be strong,as hard as it is. 

• Like 1

So very sorry for your loss. They are definitely a huge part of my family and so very painful when they leave us. It's a little comfort knowing that we were their best friend and provided them a good life that they may not have had elsewhere. Still, just awful...😭

• Like 1

Ryan, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  They start out as a pet and dig themselves so deep into our hearts that them become our family members.  

rob

• Like 1

Ryan,

My deepest heartfelt condolences.  

Like many, I grew up with and around dogs and losing one has got to be one of the worst things ever.  

My avatar is my CPD partner Mongo. I spend more time with him than with my family, so it will be an especially painful goodbye when his time comes.

Don’t dwell on the immediate pain - this will pass with time. Rather, remember the 11+ years of good times and love that you gave him. No doubt he knew that you saved his life and he’ll be eagerly waiting you at Rainbow Bridge. 

• Like 1

So sorry for your loss, they are not just a pet, they are family, it hurts so much losing them, I recently lost 3 in a 2 year period and boy i was a wreck, I adopted a young female chocolate Lab about 8 months ago and my life is all smiles once again 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind words. It means a lot. Gator was definitely a character. We always said he won the doggy lottery. He lived the life of a king and will be remembered as the most gentle and loving pup that he was. I will miss him dearly. 

• 2 weeks later...