Lost my best friend today 😢

GatorDog72

My buddy Gator, the dog in my avatar sadly passed away this afternoon. I rescued him in April 2010. He was my best friend. He was always there through all the tough times. I miss him so much already. I was very attached to my dog, you can probably tell by my screen name. May you Rest In Peace my friend. 😢 

474D6CDD-6949-402F-942C-6FF07DA37363.thumb.jpeg.c38997eb0b92dd5186bf11bc9bc80dc3.jpeg0FD06C30-8EC3-4538-8699-14273E85C7E9.thumb.jpeg.8c267179312f6e439634ecdade0491e9.jpeg5CE62D4F-E312-49B5-86D4-61E2986D2FD8.thumb.jpeg.54b9b8a5d3e42882fed7362c30b6d54f.jpegFD32B955-F3C4-4E52-BC8C-FA38B4F54230.thumb.jpeg.7a31d3838b7d0fbf58ff8029e978e83b.jpeg

I’m so sorry to hear that. IMO I think it’s actually worse than losing a family member ( a person because the pet is OBVIOUSLY a family member). I miss my black lab every day. Be strong,as hard as it is. 

So very sorry for your loss. They are definitely a huge part of my family and so very painful when they leave us. It's a little comfort knowing that we were their best friend and provided them a good life that they may not have had elsewhere. Still, just awful...😭

Ryan, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  They start out as a pet and dig themselves so deep into our hearts that them become our family members.  

rob

Ryan,

My deepest heartfelt condolences.  

Like many, I grew up with and around dogs and losing one has got to be one of the worst things ever.  

My avatar is my CPD partner Mongo. I spend more time with him than with my family, so it will be an especially painful goodbye when his time comes.

Don’t dwell on the immediate pain - this will pass with time. Rather, remember the 11+ years of good times and love that you gave him. No doubt he knew that you saved his life and he’ll be eagerly waiting you at Rainbow Bridge. 

So sorry for your loss, they are not just a pet, they are family, it hurts so much losing them, I recently lost 3 in a 2 year period and boy i was a wreck, I adopted a young female chocolate Lab about 8 months ago and my life is all smiles once again 

Thank you all for the kind words. It means a lot. Gator was definitely a character. We always said he won the doggy lottery. He lived the life of a king and will be remembered as the most gentle and loving pup that he was. I will miss him dearly. 

• 2 weeks later...