What color are these supposed to be?

Nose pieces that grill goes between. 
top one is supposed to be black I believe. What about bottom one?

body color?

black? 

Bottom pics you can see on car before I took them off for paint

C9BEEAC1-A5BA-4DDC-B369-18E1C3898500.jpeg

A1B9DA8A-3D4F-4A12-B478-DFDC5A4F2645.jpeg

414E54AE-13E2-4891-9186-D0FC9A7598EA.jpeg

• Like 1

Black for the top for sure. Not certain of the bottom piece but I would vote black also. The correct shade and gloss is up for debate and probably varies with the plant, time of year and the supplier. Also not generally put on with great care at the factory/supplier.

Mine are gloss mixing black.

rotin

Yep, exactly as Aaron said. Top semi gloss/satin black, lower argent silver.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

63AE52E2-3C8A-4C92-B3DF-DD341278FCE8.jpeg

48F96A91-6621-4615-AE26-7D806CC0F8B0.jpeg

Aaron.Question on the grill. The only black on the grill are the vertical ribs correct? All the horizontal fins should be polished chrome ? Ok two questions. I won an eBay auction on a really nice grill and the verticals are black and the face of it is polished chrome but inside the fins are hazy chrome. I personally think they are just dirty but I wanted to make sure before I polished them. Thanks Dennis 

42 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Aaron.Question on the grill. The only black on the grill are the vertical ribs correct? All the horizontal fins should be polished chrome ? Ok two questions. I won an eBay auction on a really nice grill and the verticals are black and the face of it is polished chrome but inside the fins are hazy chrome. I personally think they are just dirty but I wanted to make sure before I polished them. Thanks Dennis 

For 1971 yes the vertical bars are black. They are simply there for strength so they were painted black to not be visible. The front edge of the horizontal fins should be chrome but they should be painted argent silver on the other surfaces. You can see mine are only shiny chrome on the front edge. The grill you purchased is correct.

C04BD37E-9987-4550-993D-74B8A478A848.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Canuck said:

For 1971 yes the vertical bars are black. They are simply there for strength so they were painted black to not be visible. The front edge of the horizontal fins should be chrome but they should be painted argent silver on the other surfaces. You can see mine are only shiny chrome on the front edge. The grill you purchased is correct.

C04BD37E-9987-4550-993D-74B8A478A848.jpeg

Ok thanks. I won’t polish them. Dahm that car looks good. 

• Like 1

DB I agree with Aaron and Joe, satin black on top and argent silver on bottom.

Dennis sounds like alot of q-tips in your future. Time consuming for sure.

6 hours ago, willie said:

DB I agree with Aaron and Joe, satin black on top and argent silver on bottom.

Dennis sounds like alot of q-tips in your future. Time consuming for sure.

I bought a bag of cleaning/ polish tip for my dremel. I think there is 500 in the bag. I hope it’s enough. Lol. PITA 

That sounds worse than the time I had to mask off all 60 openings in the '72 grill to paint it argent silver. And I still have to do it again on the other grill I got back from chrome not too long ago.

54 minutes ago, jft69z said:

That sounds worse than the time I had to mask off all 60 openings in the '72 grill to paint it argent silver. And I still have to do it again on the other grill I got back from chrome not too long ago.

Ya a lot more than 60. Ugh