NicAtNight2262

Welcome aboard.  Nice Monte you picked up.  I do hope it turns out to be a real SS.  Please don't worry about upsetting any of us with numerous questions.  We have all had a frontal lobotomy... just kidding.  In reality the only thing we like more than pictures and more pictures is many questions.

rob

I concur with the masses... ask away.  And Canuck beat me to it...the link to how to tell a real SS is pretty much gospel. I had questions and concerns with the authenticity of mine...  these were quickly dispelled by the knowledge on these boards.

And nice ride, Nic!  I hope she does in fact turn out to be the real deal. But if not, you still got a hell of a car there.  

Welcome. If you don’t want to aggravate us by asking questions, I guess you’re just going to have to sell me the car. Just kidding. Ask away. If they can put up with me then you’re good to go. 

So, Another Red BBC Monte Carlo.Where do they hide these? Great start , and Welcome to the Club!! Looks like a great start to SS  Does it have the rear tail panel SS to prove a real deal?  And are those cloth style seats? The Wheel says alot about the car from what I can see so far.post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. Ive been reading some forums and you guys always seem polite and very helpful. Im not sure how to reply to particular comments yet, so Ill try and cover everything here lol. The only SS emblem is behind the front fenders. No build sheet that I could find. I have numbers off of everything just not sure what to do with them yet lol. Thew air ride from what I understand was deleted from alot of cars. An yes I did purchase an extra set of rims. I have the original rally's that came with the car and I purchased another set that I am deeply regretting. I found the car a few street down from my job in Foley, Al. I was delivering a lawnmower to a lady. It was her daily driver up until last year when she purchased a truck. I got very lucky and we just swapped title for title on a 2006 Monte Carlo that was given to me. Well I think I came out good at least. Right now my biggest problem is my A/C. A connector that attaches to blower speed selector, is what I call it, has melted. It requires 6 plugs to plug into the back of this selector switch or relay and im ony seeing 3 and four prong for sale. Is this actually two different 3 plug style connectors. I just cant tell since they have been melted together

Throw all those numbers you’ve located on the board here when you get the time.  We’ll help you decipher them:  cowl tag, VIN, letters and/or numbers off the block, tranny and rear. Again, refer to the “how to tell if it’s a real SS” link for specific location in which to find all these characters. 

3 hours ago, NicAtNight2262 said:

Thanks guys. Ive been reading some forums and you guys always seem polite and very helpful. Im not sure how to reply to particular comments yet, so Ill try and cover everything here lol. The only SS emblem is behind the front fenders. No build sheet that I could find. I have numbers off of everything just not sure what to do with them yet lol. Thew air ride from what I understand was deleted from alot of cars. An yes I did purchase an extra set of rims. I have the original rally's that came with the car and I purchased another set that I am deeply regretting. I found the car a few street down from my job in Foley, Al. I was delivering a lawnmower to a lady. It was her daily driver up until last year when she purchased a truck. I got very lucky and we just swapped title for title on a 2006 Monte Carlo that was given to me. Well I think I came out good at least. Right now my biggest problem is my A/C. A connector that attaches to blower speed selector, is what I call it, has melted. It requires 6 plugs to plug into the back of this selector switch or relay and im ony seeing 3 and four prong for sale. Is this actually two different 3 plug style connectors. I just cant tell since they have been melted together