Florida mini meet, March 25-27 2022

cbolt

I am looking to put together a club mini meet at the spring Daytona Turkey Run which runs from March 25-27, 2022. Its a large car show, swap meet, and car corral inside the Daytona International Speedway every year between the spring break crowd and the race crowd. Anyway, if there is enough interest I will find a suitable hotel and secure a club parking area. If we get 10 cars we can get the club parking, but either way we can still have a mini meet. There is lots to do and see in the area including car museums, history, scenic drives up the coast, etc. I will post a link so everyone can look it over. Please reply on this thread so i can start a rough head count and get the ball rolling. 

https://www.daytonabeach.com/event/spring-turkey-run-car-show/43606/

3 hours ago, 1970mcss said:

Eastern Meet??? Sounds like a lot of fun. I have a friend in Daytona and he goes every year

No, this would not be the Eastern Meet.  The 2022 Eastern Meet will be held in Carlisle in conjunction with the Carlisle Events GM Nationals.  Mini-meets are meets planned by a club member, endorsed by the club and everyone in attendance who wishes to participate must be a dues paying member.

rob

I think if a “national event “ was ever planned it would have to be in conjunction with a big big show in the central/ northern part of the United States ie Indy or Chicago. Florida is a great idea but I don’t think you would get national participation. IMO 

Well, centrally located or not, i am not trying to organize an eastern meet or national meet, just a mini meet. If we get enough interest from dues paying members we can get club parking, a hotel, all the perks of a mini meet. I am sure there are members who live in south Florida that find a trip to Carlisle, Ohio, or anywhere up that way a bit excessive and dont normally attend the annual meets. This would be a chance for those folks to get some face time with club members who would also be less reluctant to travel a bit shorter way to a club sanctioned event. Figured i would throw it out there and see if there was interest is all. Regardless, I will be there with my Monte and it would be cool if others can join me. Heck, i drive mine long distance when i can and just completed a 2200 mile round trip to the eastern meet. 

So, that's a "no" from Dtret and a "maybe" from Paul (friends in the area).

Anyone else game? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cbolt said:

Well, centrally located or not, i am not trying to organize an eastern meet or national meet, just a mini meet. If we get enough interest from dues paying members we can get club parking, a hotel, all the perks of a mini meet. I am sure there are members who live in south Florida that find a trip to Carlisle, Ohio, or anywhere up that way a bit excessive and dont normally attend the annual meets. This would be a chance for those folks to get some face time with club members who would also be less reluctant to travel a bit shorter way to a club sanctioned event. Figured i would throw it out there and see if there was interest is all. Regardless, I will be there with my Monte and it would be cool if others can join me. Heck, i drive mine long distance when i can and just completed a 2200 mile round trip to the eastern meet. 

So, that's a "no" from Dtret and a "maybe" from Paul (friends in the area).

Anyone else game? 

Actually this was more of a screw up on my part. I got the Florida post and the national post mixed up. I hit the wrong post. Sorry for the confusion on my part. But as far as a Florida mini meet I am not opposed to that. I drive for a living so what’s a little more. I drove to Denver a couple years ago to look at a part. I didn’t like it and came home. 2650 miles 

10 hours ago, Dtret said:

I think if a “national event “ was ever planned it would have to be in conjunction with a big big show in the central/ northern part of the United States ie Indy or Chicago. Florida is a great idea but I don’t think you would get national participation. IMO 

I’d be down with helping organize something in Chicago. If the idea of a ‘Midwest Meet’ ever grows legs, count me in. 

Good enough to get the ball rolling. Ill start scouting hotels and download the form for club parking. You should be able to pre-register for the event using the link above but the pre-registration may not be open yet. If anyone registers before I do (busy weekend) just post here so I can start tracking attendance. 

Jim,

I will definitely give it some serious thought although my Monte is more of a street toy than a highway cruiser .  The Eastern and Western meets are always out of reach for me but I did attend a mini-meet in Kissimmee in 2011, I believe.  We usually don't leave FL for MN until mid-April so I hope to be around then.  Please don't count on me for sure, but I'll see if I can make it work somehow and let you know.

• Like 1