New legendary interior

Jerry Skidmore

Well after 16 months I finally have a complete new interior to install, I ordered it April 2 2020. The door panels and headliner came pretty quick, but it took three or four rear deck shelves before I got one that wasn’t either folded in half or incorrect. The headliner turned out to be too dark of green I think it’s probably the correct green for a 72 not a 71. I then got my rear seat covers which were perfect but they didn’t have material to do the front. So I then had to find the correct color headliner material and correct green cloth,Which I did find at SMS in Oregon. The headliner material was $79 a yard and the seat cloth material was $150 a yard, but Legendary did reimburse me for most of it. While it took a lot longer than I anticipated I am thankful to Rob at Legendary who work with me to get the end result we both wanted. It’s definitely a lot harder to restore a cloth interior MonteCarlo back to original than a Chevelle which were 95% vinyl and probably have it in stock on the shelf ready to ship.I am now ready to start assembly of the chassis and install the drivetrain.

• Like 1

Boy those prices sound familiar. I ordered my material through Rob @SMS. I’m glad you had better customer service than I did. They were HORRIBLE. The product was great though. Now get back to work. I’ll be expecting to see the car at Carlisle next year. 

3 hours ago, Jerry Skidmore said:

Well after 16 months I finally have a complete new interior to install, I ordered it April 2 2020. The door panels and headliner came pretty quick, but it took three or four rear deck shelves before I got one that wasn’t either folded in half or incorrect. The headliner turned out to be too dark of green I think it’s probably the correct green for a 72 not a 71. I then got my rear seat covers which were perfect but they didn’t have material to do the front. So I then had to find the correct color headliner material and correct green cloth,Which I did find at SMS in Oregon. The headliner material was $79 a yard and the seat cloth material was $150 a yard, but Legendary did reimburse me for most of it. While it took a lot longer than I anticipated I am thankful to Rob at Legendary who work with me to get the end result we both wanted. It’s definitely a lot harder to restore a cloth interior MonteCarlo back to original than a Chevelle which were 95% vinyl and probably have it in stock on the shelf ready to ship.I am now ready to start assembly of the chassis and install the drivetrain.

We need pictures as you start to install everything.

BTW Jerry, I was sending out dues reminders tonight and the email address I have for you came  up as a bad email.  Please send me a good email for you in a Private Message.

rob

Believe me Dennis it took a while with SMS to get what I needed. They would send samples and then I would call them and they would lose their records of what they sent me so then I had to send them what they sent me back to them to verify.It took about two months to finally get it nailed down.I will post progress as I start assembling the chassis now that I have gotten my bolts back. Carlisle next year will be a goal but don’t know if it will come true,we will see.

1 hour ago, Jerry Skidmore said:

Believe me Dennis it took a while with SMS to get what I needed. They would send samples and then I would call them and they would lose their records of what they sent me so then I had to send them what they sent me back to them to verify.It took about two months to finally get it nailed down.I will post progress as I start assembling the chassis now that I have gotten my bolts back. Carlisle next year will be a goal but don’t know if it will come true,we will see.

I totally and completely understand. It’s hard enough to do these projects let alone deal with the incompetence of vendors. You just want to tell them “I’m sorry that I’m asking you to do your job”. Sometimes you gotta just laugh. I understand on the Carlisle goal. Mine too. 

I feel your pain Jerry. I ordered almost my entire interior thru Legendary on 14 April. Lacy was the girl that took care of me and she was awesome. I’ve received everything BUT my door panels, arm rest pads, visors and seat foam. I called her the other day to inquire on an ETA on those items. They are scheduled to ship at the end of October. I was also informed that the seat foam comes from a third party vendor. So the only thing that remains to be worked out as if this will be an over the winter project or an early spring project.