Shift indicator cable connection to steering column

Dons70

Can anyone tell me if there is any indication on the column shift part of steering column where the column shift indicator wire would be attached?  This is on a 1970 Monte! when working under the dash I must have knocked the wire loose and now am not sure where on the column or how it should be attached.  The wire is intact and I can pull it to run it thru the Park thru L2 movements but I don't see any place on the column where is was or needs to be attached.  If someone would have a picture or diagram that would help.  Or is it a trial and error thing?

Thanks much and hope this makes sense.  I still drive the Monte since we all know we don't need the indicator but would like to reconnect it.

Dons70

It just slides on the collar. When the car is in park just slide it on so the wire is taught then run it through the gears to make sure it follows the pattern. Adjust as necessary. Easy peasy. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2021 at 5:34 PM, Dons70 said:

Can anyone tell me if there is any indication on the column shift part of steering column where the column shift indicator wire would be attached?  This is on a 1970 Monte! when working under the dash I must have knocked the wire loose and now am not sure where on the column or how it should be attached.  The wire is intact and I can pull it to run it thru the Park thru L2 movements but I don't see any place on the column where is was or needs to be attached.  If someone would have a picture or diagram that would help.  Or is it a trial and error thing?

Thanks much and hope this makes sense.  I still drive the Monte since we all know we don't need the indicator but would like to reconnect it.

Dons70

Did you get this fixed? I can dig up a picture for you that MIGHT help. But I don’t want to mess with looking for it if you don’t need it.