2022 Western Meet - Ashland, Oregon

Canuck

Unfortunately I don't know if my Monte will be ready in time for this years meet. I'm building a 415 ci BBC engine for it and I'm still waiting on the 290 heads to get done at the machine shop. I just got the new SS Ferrea oversized valves in the mail and dropped them off to the machine shop. New guides, seats, valve job, unshroud the valves, and blend in the bowl is what's being done to the heads.

I've had tendonitis in my left shoulder for a month now due to working on friend's rigs way too much for the last 2 years and not working on my Monte Carlo. I have to wear a shoulder/arm brace at the moment, but it is starting to feel a tiny bit better. Tendonitis isn't like muscle where you can exercise it to heal the tissue. Tendons and ligaments don't have any blood supply in them and therefore cannot be healed via exercise. Just time and babying it is the only course of therapy.

I just need to finish aligning my front clip to the body and then it can be ready to be sprayed with the etching primer over the bare metal, and then bondo, blocking and sanding, getting it ready for paint and clear coat. All of this is dependent upon my friend that works at a body shop to get it painted before June since I already paid him to help me with getting the body prepped and painted. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 8:53 AM, 72 Monte Carlo said:

Unfortunately I don't know if my Monte will be ready in time for this years meet. I'm building a 415 ci BBC engine for it and I'm still waiting on the 290 heads to get done at the machine shop. I just got the new SS Ferrea oversized valves in the mail and dropped them off to the machine shop. New guides, seats, valve job, unshroud the valves, and blend in the bowl is what's being done to the heads.

I've had tendonitis in my left shoulder for a month now due to working on friend's rigs way too much for the last 2 years and not working on my Monte Carlo. I have to wear a shoulder/arm brace at the moment, but it is starting to feel a tiny bit better. Tendonitis isn't like muscle where you can exercise it to heal the tissue. Tendons and ligaments don't have any blood supply in them and therefore cannot be healed via exercise. Just time and babying it is the only course of therapy.

I just need to finish aligning my front clip to the body and then it can be ready to be sprayed with the etching primer over the bare metal, and then bondo, blocking and sanding, getting it ready for paint and clear coat. All of this is dependent upon my friend that works at a body shop to get it painted before June since I already paid him to help me with getting the body prepped and painted. 

The meets are still a great time even without the Monte if you wish to still join us. A group of us are meeting in the Hood River area to cruise the coast staying the night in Lincoln City on the way to the meet. It will be a fun drive. The cars bring us together but the meets are really more about the people. For the cruises during the weekend the back seat of my 71 SS is available for you to ride in. 🙂

Special thanks to Aaron , He puts in a tremendous amount of time to make this event a success .  Thank goodness for the fantastic leadership within our Monte Madness World . 

• Like 5

You know the meet is only a short time away when the awards and dash plaques arrive. There are 12 award categories in all. Everyone will receive a dash plaque.

C526EB96-D087-4399-9853-2171EC2A6F7A.jpeg

• Like 2

• Canuck unpinned this topic

3 weeks from today we arrive at the hotel in Ashland. I can't wait to see old friends and meet some new ones.

:fgmcc:     :beer:

• Like 1

Two weeks today we'll be doing the Poker Chip Fun Run as part of the Western Meet. We'll have 7 states and 2 provinces represented at this Western Meet!

May be an image of car and outdoors

• Like 3

Two weeks from today we’ll be at the Medford Cruise Show n Shine and cruising the streets of downtown Medford.

9639DFDE-2823-43A9-8873-298ABC502756.jpeg

4A143692-E5A9-40BC-A946-9DC0A52430D8.jpeg

• Like 3

Two weeks from today we’ll be on a cruise to various locations in the Medford area. We’ll also have the FGMCC dinner with awards and door prizes. It will be a fun day!

A72DB846-6491-43A4-9C07-B3757B5D4D93.jpeg

• Like 2

April and I will hit the road in the 71 Monte in just 9 days! We're looking forward to the road trip in the Monte. We are taking an extra day to drive some of the Oregon coast with a few other members.

At this Western Meet we'll have members from Oregon, California, Montana, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Washington, British Columbia and Alberta. Roughly 1/3 of those members are driving more than 500 miles to attend with two of them over 1,000 miles.

It is not too late to join us! :party: :yay::band::2beers:

First day of travel yesterday to Hood Rover, OR. Started off in the rain but was nice later in the day. The Gen light came on as we rolled into Hood River. Met up with other club members and had a nice dinner. We determined the issue with the car is the alternator and will pick one up this morning before continuing to Lincoln City.

8D6DE04F-4BBC-4E42-ABE6-C824F3436B0B.jpeg

• Like 4