Thanks

Rob Peters

Thanks for your messages and emails.  Many here knew I was scheduled for surgery yesterday and I was not able to go to the Eastern Meet because I was not allowed to travel outside of the area for 3 weeks prior to the surgery due to the Delta Strain of Covid being on the rise.  

I received many emails and text messages prior to and since yesterdays surgery wishing me well.  The two surgeries I had on my left arm and hand were carpel tunnel release and ulnar nerve release at my elbow.  The two surgeries took just over an hour and the surgeon said everything went quite well.  The one on the elbow area was the larger surgery and when the surgeon got in he found he was able to perform a less difficult surgery than expected.  This surgery is to relocate the ulnar nerve (that is also known as the "Funny Bone" nerve) to prevent it from being damaged due to it jumping out of the channel it rides in.  Most of the time they move this nerve from the elbow area and embed in into a muscle.  In my case they were able to remove some of the tissue around the nerve to prevent it from jumping out of the channel so my recovery time should be shorter.

As with any surgery there can be considerable pain but so far I have only had to take 3 Percocet pain killers to manage the pain and hope to be completely off of them.

Thanks again to those who have sent me emails and text messages yesterday and today.

rob   

• Like 6

I will see the doctor tomorrow (Monday) for a post op visit and to get the stiches out.  I am looking forward to getting rid of all of the bandaging and lose the sling I have been in for 10 days.  In reality it feels pretty darn good with very little pain at the stiches area.  

rob

• Like 3

I just got home from the post op visit with my surgeon a little while ago.  The carpal tunnel surgery was successful But the cubital tunnel release did not work because he did not relocate the nerve, he did a less invasive procedure.  He is offering to go back in to do the relocation of the nerve.  I am really PO'ed.

rob

• Sad 1

Damn, that sucks. I'll probably be in the same boat when I see my Dr in a couple weeks. I hate doing stuff twice...

He said he would do it at no charge.  I told him that his charges are not the only concern because there is also the fees for the OR, pre-op, and antithesis or however you spell that and recovery room.  

He said he would see what he can do about that too.  Still, not all I care about, I also think about the discomfort and pain meds again and another recovery period.

rob 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Sorry to hear that you were so close to being back to normal. 

Assuming I was ever "Normal"

rob

• Haha 1