Automotive parts in the living room

Canuck

Does anyone else decorate their living room with car parts? My wife says I’m not allowed to add any more but I’ll keep trying.

BF764AFA-7939-4622-8C7B-7173722012BE.jpeg

8ACAC4F4-149F-49D3-8835-6E089818148A.jpeg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Does anyone else decorate their living room with car parts? My wife says I’m not allowed to add any more but I’ll keep trying.

BF764AFA-7939-4622-8C7B-7173722012BE.jpeg

8ACAC4F4-149F-49D3-8835-6E089818148A.jpeg

I think that hanging thing in the first picture could be converted to some pistons with connecting rods attached. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I think that hanging thing in the first picture could be converted to some pistons with connecting rods attached. 

Rally wheel center caps as shades for each light.

• Like 1

Does this count?  Thats the entire new interior (minus the door panels, rear quarter panels and seat foam... still on back order) and new inner fender wells taking up residency in my living room. Boxes started arriving sometime late May/early June and they’ve been slowly accumulating since. Yeah, that’s a now-inaccessible full-size leather sofa behind all of it. Thank God mama puts up with me 😂😂

10890FBB-19FE-48BD-A2D9-25D3CA6444B1.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

That looks sweet, you should have that in living room 🤣

That would be fine but my new living room would be in the shed out back. Lol. 

• Haha 1

Nope nothing in the house for good. I do get some pieces ready to go in my office but get slack if they are there to long. However i do have a full shed and garage.  I will take it!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 2:45 PM, rsorg said:

nice how did you get the white letter tires so white with the bfg 

When they were on the car they were always scrubbed with Fantastic and a brush. I still do that today. Note that some of the newer BFGs have a defect where the letters do not come up white.

I shut the door to the big room upstairs to keep the cats out. As soon as the body goes to the shop the parts get all spread out in order of assembly. The cats are not happy about this. I haven’t heard from Karen yet. This probably won’t be good. Lol. 

• Haha 1

My living room should start filling up in the near future, only problem is a lot of the stuff is held up due to these damned delays. Started ordering parts for the 69 Z/28 last week, but the big ticket items like the ARH headers, & the Tremec TKX 5 speed are 6-8 weeks out. Ordered a new carpet/floor mats last week too & waiting for a quote on the Holley EFI & Ignition parts, Aeromotive fuel tank, etc to get that ordered too. Denny's driveshaft is about 6 weeks behind & I can't get that made until I get the trans.... troubles, troubles, lol.

Nah, as soon as that CTS-V leaves the shop, the Camaro will be on the lift. Still plenty to do before that stuff arrives. 4 wheel disc brakes, new rear axles, wiring harness, etc.

3 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I get it. That was more of a joke about how long backorders are actually taking. I’m still waiting for my paint. Lol. Ordered in March,I think, it’s been so long. Lol. 

It's not funny though is it, lol. I should be in my hot tub....

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Not living room but.....

I'd say you won this time, lol. I just ordered another $4K+ in parts for the Camaro though today. Once the stuff starts coming in the next 4-12 weeks (yes, thanks covid...), it should be a pretty good pile of parts.