Taking my 71SS to the next level....

LostnFound

Hello, I hope everyone is keeping well. I don't get on here much but I see many of you on Facebook. Last November my friend and I started a further restoration on my 71SS. She's getting close to being finished so I thought I'd drop in here and post some pics etc. This car was my late Uncle's daily driver from 1971 to about 1978 including in the salty winter months here in Ontario Canada. She had a body on restoration in the early to mid 80's but I decided to do a further body off restoration on it. 

DSC00518 - Copy.JPG

DSC00519 - Copy.JPG

DSC00529.JPG

DSC00546.JPG

• Like 2

I had secured an awesome rust free frame as a replacement for mine that was rotted out badly in the rear 33%. The second pic shows the frame part number on the rear frame rail behind the rear driver's side wheel. Those numbers hadn't been seen on my frame since the 70's. 

IMG_4495.JPG

GSUL9467.JPG

We installed new body mounts and bolts, all new front end steering components and bushings, new stainless steel brake and fuel lines etc etc. My buddy Andrew is the one with the talent and experience. It is important to note that I was the grunt. It has been an awesome experience so far. Andrew has been very patient with teaching me lots of new skills along the way which I'll have for a lifetime. 

IMG_4787.JPG

DSC00686.JPG

25 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Larry: Taking my 71SS to the next level....

Me: Are you going steady?

With as much time as we have invested in these cars, one would probably think so. 

55 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Larry: Taking my 71SS to the next level....

Me: Are you going steady?

More like being married to them sadly enough 🤣 I once dated a woman that had a problem with my car and my dog coming before her 🤣 that didn't work out surprisingly enough.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

More like being married to them sadly enough 🤣 I once dated a woman that had a problem with my car and my dog coming before her 🤣 that didn't work out surprisingly enough.

Been there done that. Lol. 

• Haha 1

NOS front fenders were installed back in the 80's and they were oiled well. I was delighted to see they were still in amazing condition inside and out. We also installed Chevelle steel inner fenders to firm up the front end. 

IMG_4988.JPG

• Like 2

Recent pics of mostly assembled front and rear...she's a dirty girl but she's getting there. I have all 12 pieces of lower trim in NOS and we are installing that next. I will update with more pics soon. 

MonteFront.jpg

MonteRear.jpg

• Like 3