Olcott Beach (Western NY) end of SummerShow

jft69z

Just got back from the Olcott Car Show today. Usually the biggest one in the area with about 1000+ cars. Got the chance to meet up with club member Bob Bardou (bob 71) who drove the car from the Syracuse, NY area with his Monte, along with his father in-law who has an older Volvo. He represented the club well with his FGMCC T-Shirt! Have a safe trip home...and reserve that room!

Lot of great cars, about a half dozen first gens, weather was perfect & couldn't ask for a better way to usher summer out (ughhh).

20210904_124330.jpg

20210904_123016.jpg

20210904_122532.jpg

20210904_120538.jpg

20210904_114654.jpg

20210904_114353.jpg

• Like 5

Unfortunately, it is already starting to cool off a bit, and it's getting dark a lot earlier in the evening now too. Not liking it...

26 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Unfortunately, it is already starting to cool off a bit, and it's getting dark a lot earlier in the evening now too. Not liking it...

I know it. But I don’t want to think about it. I used to like the cold. Not so much now. 

16 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Bob and his father in law are both nice people I'll probably see him Tuesday evening at a local cruise in.

Yep, very nice! He mentioned he see's you a lot, wish you guys were closer...

• Like 1

Great pics, Nice Montes!!!!  They all look fantastic.   Joe glad you took some time to enjoy alittle bit.   Talking about the weather i thought right away about your hot tub.   LOL

3 hours ago, willie said:

Great pics, Nice Montes!!!!  They all look fantastic.   Joe glad you took some time to enjoy alittle bit.   Talking about the weather i thought right away about your hot tub.   LOL

It was a good day for sure!

Hot tub....sore subject right now. Was supposed to be delivered sometime this month, now it won't be at least until December the dealer says. Blames it on covid, lack of parts, lack of employees, etc at the Jacuzzi factory. Had I known that, I wouldn't have done all the work on the hottest days of the summer a few weeks ago getting the tub location ready. Literally moved tons of stone, sand and pavers by hand from Home Depot shelves to the cart, then to the truck, then off the truck at home. I would have waited until maybe next month when it is going to be a lot cooler.

Oh well, at least it's done. Maybe I can use it on Christmas day, after wiring it up in the freezing cold, but not before having to shovel the snow out of the way first...

• Like 1

That sux. But not uncommon. The problem now is society in general is getting used to the delays and accepting it. It should really torque us off. My neighbors remodeled there kitchen all spring and summer, contractors in and out, they ordered the wrong stove. 3 to 6 months they have to wait. I would be absolutely livid. 

2 hours ago, willie said:

LOL  Joe just another kick!!!!  Typical in todays day.

Yeah, no doubt.  Shouldn't have been surprised by that news.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:38 PM, bob 71 said:

thanks for the pics joe. BIG car show parking was crazy. lot of nice cars. 3.5 hrs each way 2.5 tanks of gas round trip taking back roads.

Yeah, that's the biggest show in the area for sure. Monday nights at the old Wurlitzer factory is the next best, usually 400+ to nearly 600 cars weekly.

Glad you made it back with no issues. Hope to see you again next year at the Carlisle GM Nats.

Great pictures, thanks for posting them. And yes… The days are getting shorter way too quickly. Although the cooler nights make for windows-down cruising which I prefer over the AC. It’s also nice to turn the air off in the house and open the windows and get some fresh air. I must be getting older, as time seems to move so much more quickly the last few years. 😩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Great pictures, thanks for posting them. ............ I must be getting older, as time seems to move so much more quickly the last few years. 😩

Thanks. That park is on Lake Ontario. On a clear day (such as this day) you can actually see the entire sky line of Toronto, Canada really clear across the lake. 

Like I said in the other thread, time flies by the older you get. Everyone that's older seems to agree on that one.

Steve, Why in the world would you "wish the owner wasn't very talkative"?  I thought we wanted talkative members so we can learn more about them and their Monte's

rob

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Steve, Why in the world would you "wish the owner wasn't very talkative"?  I thought we wanted talkative members so we can learn more about them and their Monte's

rob

I didn't mean to say wish, sorry. Bob said he tried to talk to him before too. 

Steve the guy who just got his in July was very talkative and a very nice guy too. Probably will be joining the club too. He's gotten info from fb page and I said there's lots more info on club site. Sounded like he may want to go to Carlisle next year also.

• Like 2