72 spare tire

rsorg

hi, i would like to buy a correct spare tire for my car i know it is a 15 inch ,but don't know the correct brand ,but i believe it did have the thin white wall, i have the correct cross flag hubcaps with the custom option but have rallies wheels on the car now ,thanks roger

My spare is a wards rain grlapper probably from the late 80,s ,good shape ,but would like to get a new spare, but the closest i found to original was a coker white stripe for around 314 dollars

The spare i have is a original 69 Z28 tire F-60-15.   I never plan on using it.   

I just happened to be in the trunk and the correct size is F-70-15, not what i stated above.

Edited by willie
wrong info

Dennis i will NOT. A friend of mine was going to throw them out because one had a blown ply. I told him i would take them for spares only. He made me promise i would never ride on them. I said ok.    If i ever drive it---- a distance i would put another spare in the truck or keep my wives AAA card with me. LOL

15 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis i will NOT. A friend of mine was going to throw them out because one had a blown ply. I told him i would take them for spares only. He made me promise i would never ride on them. I said ok.    If i ever drive it---- a distance i would put another spare in the truck or keep my wives AAA card with me. LOL

Agreed. I would have saved them also. Awesome for a car show when all you have to do is look at them 

Still have my original tire on my spare. G70 x 15 w single thin White Stripe. I probably should see if it has any air in it!

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

• Like 1

bruce would you be interested in sellng that tire , i was thinking of going with what i have now ,bf g radial ta because if one of my tires goes bad i can have an exact replacement , Discount tire has them for 150 plus,roger

Roger, No, it is not in very good shape, worn on the inside plus the rubber is cracked at the rim area. Not worth the shipping cost, sorry.

bruce thanks, i decided go with a new bfg  ta to match what is on the car now, my car had original steel rims with the cross flags hubcaps but have rallies on it now,roger

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2021 at 11:23 AM, stangeba said:

Still have my original tire on my spare. G70 x 15 w single thin White Stripe. I probably should see if it has any air in it!

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

Hi Bruce, would you mind measuring the width of that white wall and also the width of the space from the wheel to the whitewall? I wouldn't mind having those measurements when having my next set of tires made.

Did y’all know tire rubber is dyed black by adding carbon black to naturally white rubber?

Sometimes I can’t remember why I came into the living room but useless information is at the ready!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, McCall72 said:

Hi Bruce, would you mind measuring the width of that white wall and also the width of the space from the wheel to the whitewall? I wouldn't mind having those measurements when having my next set of tires made.

Aaron, Looks like 1-1/2" from wheel to start (inner part) of WSW. The WSW is 3/8". From the WSW (outer part) to the start of the tread is 3-1/4".

• Like 1

Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, stangeba said:

Aaron, Looks like 1-1/2" from wheel to start (inner part) of WSW. The WSW is 3/8". From the WSW (outer part) to the start of the tread is 3-1/4".

Thanks so much!

11 hours ago, Brew said:

Did y’all know tire rubber is dyed black by adding carbon black to naturally white rubber?

Sometimes I can’t remember why I came into the living room but useless information is at the ready!

I actually did know that, but I used to build for General/Continental Tire so I have some insider knowledge.  😆 

I remember in 71 the "twin" thin WSW tires but they were G78 not G70 size. I remember the WSW tire size did get wider perhaps about 3/4" or 1". I didn't care for them because my Dad's car had them.