Finally brought her home

Brew

Absolutely beautiful!  Even though time seems to go faster the older we get, that still had to be worse then having to go to bed on Christmas Eve as a kid to wait for Santa to come. And, yes … go put some miles on that baby. 

Looks gorgeous, Brew!  I love Autumn Gold on a '70 Monte (only year it was offered)! I've owned two, one with a  white vinyl top and one with black.  It will be great to see more photos of yours with a painted top. 

Hope the paint job meets your expectations because quality isn't always proportional to wait time.  I left my blue '70 with a painter all summer in FL but he didn't even start on it until I returned in the fall and then did a rush job.  Same money - substandard results.  Never again ....

24 minutes ago, MCfan said:

Looks gorgeous, Brew!  I love Autumn Gold on a '70 Monte (only year it was offered)! I've owned two, one with a  white vinyl top and one with black.  It will be great to see more photos of yours with a painted top. 

Hope the paint job meets your expectations because quality isn't always proportional to wait time.  I left my blue '70 with a painter all summer in FL but he didn't even start on it until I returned in the fall and then did a rush job.  Same money - substandard results.  Never again ....

I feel your pain. 

41 minutes ago, MCfan said:

I sanded it down to bare metal, disassembled, wet sanded, reassembled. And I had to ask that many pieces be redone, some of them SEVERAL times. The lack of attention to detail was really surprising from someone with such a good rep.
I could detail the issues but I will refrain.

The end product after all the issues is solid. But it seems to me that doing it properly THE FIRST TIME would save labor, material & reputation. But what do I know, I’m just a customer

Great looking Monte!!

I'm hoping to get my 72 painted within the next month. It's only been 4 years and 2 months since I brought it home.

My body shop guy has a regular job and then works on it when he has time, but since I already paid him 4 yrs ago to paint my car, I need to crack the whip on him more now to get it done.

4 hours ago, MCfan said:

Quick,Cheap,Perfect..... Pick any two. ;)

• Like 1

Nice drive today. Only one issue popped up & was fixed with a smile.

I enjoyed folks taking pics of her at stop lights, the gas station & a store.

I must have been asked a version of  “ what year is that car?”  a dozen times 

2AF6EA57-3A28-4984-99B4-C9105BADF076.jpeg

281F2500-DA5F-4906-A84C-C67AFF2BA5F4.png

A31BF2ED-1041-4249-B4EF-AFEA69290900.png

• Like 3