Finally brought her home

Brew

9 hours ago, Scott S. said:

How do you like the Cooper tires compared to the Goodrich ?? I get varying opinions on both.

Love the colour..... ;)

I like cooper tires. They used to be made in my hometown before we sent manufacturing abroad. I typically get coopers on all vehicles. As far as I can recall I’ve never run Goodrich tires on anything 

13 hours ago, Scott S. said:

How do you like the Cooper tires compared to the Goodrich ?? I get varying opinions on both.

Love the colour..... ;)

I recently switched to Cooper Cobra and quite happy with them. I was not happy with the last set of BFGs with the lettering not cleaning up white.

Here’s a discussion about switching to Coopers.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21907-switching-tire-brands/&tab=comments#comment-212607

On 9/18/2021 at 9:34 AM, Canuck said:

I recently switched to Cooper Cobra and quite happy with them. I was not happy with the last set of BFGs with the lettering not cleaning up white.

Here’s a discussion about switching to Coopers.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21907-switching-tire-brands/&tab=comments#comment-212607

So other than the lettering issue, which seem to be a better handling tire ??? 

My lettering comes pretty clean when I used one of those plastic dish pads and a little dish soap. (BFs)

9 hours ago, Scott S. said:

So other than the lettering issue, which seem to be a better handling tire ??? 

My lettering comes pretty clean when I used one of those plastic dish pads and a little dish soap. (BFs)

Both seem to be a good running tire. I’ve had BFGs in the family for 40 years and were always able to clean the letters. Many of the BFGs in recent years have letters that turn brown due to a chemical that comes out of the rubber staining the letters from behind. Several of us in the club have had the issue and nothing gets them clean. There are two of these tires on my 70 and they look terrible. I’m not willing to risk my money on getting defective tires again. 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:24 AM, Canuck said:

Both seem to be a good running tire. I’ve had BFGs in the family for 40 years and were always able to clean the letters. Many of the BFGs in recent years have letters that turn brown due to a chemical that comes out of the rubber staining the letters from behind. Several of us in the club have had the issue and nothing gets them clean. There are two of these tires on my 70 and they look terrible. I’m not willing to risk my money on getting defective tires again. 

I'm thinking my tires are probably a bit on the "vintage" side. lol

I've always run Bridgestones on my '04, and have gotten lots of life out of them. But sadly, they don't make anything in the "classic" sizes.

On another note, I did some more digging on the origin of Montelishi, and she is a Flint built car. So I'm still at a loss on the I.D. plate above the brake booster. 

All the tags look untampered. Not sure what to make of it.