Old chrome

cny first gen 71

So I have a piece of old chrome laying around in not so good shape so I figured I play around with it. Not sure if it original or aftermarket.  I only really spent about 15-20 minutes on it but it came out way better than I thought,  obviously far from perfect.  I wet sanded with 1000 then 1500 and did a quick polish to it. Not to bad I guess it would need quite a bit more work if I was ever going to use it. Here's before and after. 

20210811_092832.jpg

20210906_162620.jpg

• Like 1

Even the NOS stuff needed a quick polish when i was ready to put it on. Steve that looks like a good piece to practice on. With a little more elbow grease and some paint you will have a great piece.

• Like 1

On the rear pc. on my 72 I had Murphy out west polish mine then I clear coated it with  a Por15 product. It looks good to me but could be better. Then a couple of years ago I put a dent into it putting something in the trunk now I am going to have to straighten it or find someone to do it which is the better idea cause I remember now the last pc. I STRAIGHTENED NOT.

6 hours ago, Leghome said:

On the rear pc. on my 72 I had Murphy out west polish mine then I clear coated it with  a Por15 product. It looks good to me but could be better. Then a couple of years ago I put a dent into it putting something in the truck now I am going to have to straighten it or find someone to do it which is the better idea cause I remember now the last pc. I STRAIGHTENED NOT.

Is he still around I do remember him doing a nice job on them chrome pieces. I haven't seen him or Cory around in quite a while they both did a nice job on them.

9 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Is he still around I do remember him doing a nice job on them chrome pieces. I haven't seen him or Cory around in quite a while they both did a nice job on them.

I heard that Cory Mohlman(CJ) sold his Monte but not sure and have not seen Murphy(Murray Rheder) in quite a while either.